jacket -- who's making this?

mlproject

skinheads%20-%20a%20standing.jpg

i'm trying to find a jacket like on the guy on the left, but with a tan corduroy outer and sheepswool (or imitation) liner. i would also like it a little shorter in length, a few inches past the waist.

i've been seeing these a lot lately in a jean jacket cut with big collar, but not in this older style. are any newer brands making these? or do i need to keep combing the thrift stores?

Guest Airjamie
thanks. my friend used to have one (tan), but he wore it so much he wore through the elbows. i've been on the hunt for awhile.

Schott NYC regularly has different versions of that.

Guest Airjamie

I think it is, but the last time i was in the city and went to the store was almost 5 years ago and ill be damned if i can remember exactly where it is. They are a quite reknowned jacket manufacturer. Worn by brando, james deen, steve mcqueen, etc etc. They have a cowhide of what i think you are looking for on their online site and i KNOW theyve done a corduroy version because my brother bought one last time we were there. http://www.schottnyc.com/leather-jackets/split-cowhide-leather-rancher-coat.htm

359tobfrt.jpg

that's exactly what i'm looking for, but in the tan corduroy. i've seen schott's stuff before. really nice and superb quality. they carry it at belmont army surplus in chicago as well. i'll ask around and see if i can find it. thanks!

now that i think of it, my friend's didn't have the western style yokes and pockets ... just straight across. either works for me though.

do you know if this has a general style name like a pea coat, donkey jacket, or harrington do?