The Request Help Thread

OkayOkay

I've noticed a lot of members on here are super educated or versed in their particular field, and thought it might be interesting to have a thread where people could request help with a specific subject or project, and members could either volunteer assistance, or negotiate a price for work or advice. Kind of a Supermarket for Superskills. Like they say, there is no free lunch, so unless someone is feeling generous, be ready to compensate in some way (paypal, ship jawnz, semi-platonic backrubs, whatever...) for the help.

Likewise, members could post in here if they have a certain skill set they're willing to whore out, ie: web coding, statistics homework, graphic design, etc.

Assuming most of the details and negotiations could go down via PM as to not clutter the thread, but this could be an introduction of sorts.

To start, I'm looking for help from someone who understands dehydration in consumer goods, ie: I need to remove the water from a substance (insect repellant or liquid soap for example) in a manner where it could be re-hydrated at a later time and used. I figure there's gotta be someone on here (or a lot of people on here) WAY smarter than I am, and maybe even someone with access to a lab or the tools to test it for me... I got $ for solid info, or $$ for someone who can provide me definitive proof of the process, and maybe even $$$ for someone who can do it for me in substantial quantities...

I'm curious if there are any individuals here who have transitioned to a career in writing/editing from a background that's totally unrelated, without the benefit of post-graduate schooling.

Cuz I mean that, that would be something I'd be interested in hearing about.

I'm looking for information regarding printmaking; essentially what I want to do is take some pictures I like and blow them up into massive 7' x 8' canvas prints that I can stretch across a frame and hang in my room.

I've been cooking professionally for about 4 years, CIA certifications, a lot of high end industry experience etc etc if anyone wants to know more about that kinda' shit.