opinion on these RL boots

crisis

I bought these ralph lauren boots because they looked unique and kinda reminded me of puss in boots from shrek 2. They're made of soft calf leather and the quality is pretty amazing. I wanted to try something different than i'm used to. They look alright with pants over them, but that kinda defeats the purpose of having the whole unique upper part of the boot. I tried doing the pants tucked in thing, I'm either not used to it or geniuinely look like an idiot, i also barely have anything that works with these boots. Any ideas about what would work with these boots, opinions on the boots themselves?

they're still pretty dusty in these pics, i haven't cleaned them yet

RLboots004.jpg

RLboots003.jpg

RLboots002.jpg

a33685e2.jpg

Definitely wear this with pants tucked in. Pants that are something like a relaxed fit, dark brown maybe. I wouldn't really recomend jeans unless they're dark. Boots will look good and easier to pair with tops once they are broken in and have all the creases and leather getting scratched.

Yeah, grapevinehill is great. I'm trying to get more informed about formalwear nowadays and they've got a couple of nice dress shoes i want. Thanks for the advice, i just need to get used to them haha. Had no idea they were tanker boot remakes.

Not bad actually; the only thing about tucking pants into boots is that if you are confident you can easily pull it off.....people can tell when you feel awkward in an outfit and it makes you look 'weird.' The pants look good imo, but I would strap the top strap lightly (on the last setting?). Also, slim jeans look great in boots too.....