Shops in LA (read older ones already!)

Ockid

Hey guys,

Never been shopping in LA. i'm from Canada and will be staying at the W Hollywood for a week (april 30th-may4th)

Gonna check out your generic rodeo shops but is there any place i should check for some cool stuff? which Fred Segal and Kitson would be closest to me (6250 Hollywood Blvd)

Is the Nordstrom Rack any good? I think its like 10 mins from where Im staying...and is anywhere having sales? (Barneys, Neiman Marcus, Saks, etc)

THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...

Kitson it garbage but they have some Sunny Sports shorts in. The Ron Herman at Fred Segal on Melrose is good.

The places you really need to check out are: Opening Ceremony, Craft Workwear (short walk from OC, next to Baxter Finley which is an awesome Barber shop), UnionMade Goods in the Brentwood Country Mart, Mister Freedom on Beverley, Self Edge, Union, UNDFTD, General's Quarters, and American Rag on La Brea, South Willard on 3rd Street, Supreme on Fairfax, If you make it to Silverlake check out Mohawk General Store and Driftwood, if you make it to Abbot Kinney in Venice Steven Alan Annex and Milkmade.

No sales to speak of, Nordstrom Rack is no good, Barneys near Rodeo is good, Barneys Co-Op at the Grove is decent.

Will you have a car or are you gonna cab/public transit the whole thing? If you have a car, drive out to Cabazon (101S - 10E for about 2 hours or so). I've gotten a great selection of very random and not even out of season stuff there. I got a Zegna cashmere suit for 3.5k, a lot of Dior, YSL, Prada, and they have a Barneys and Saks outlet there too.

If you don't have a car, being at the W limits your options. I mean, a cab is always possible but a cab in LA is sort of our in-joke. Melrose/3rd and Robertson/Fairfax is definitely within your reach, even by bus. Any further and it's a bit of a hike, even Rodeo. If you really want to go to South Coast, you can theoretically take the Red Line to Union Station (southbound), hop on a train and get to the Santa Ana train station via Amtrak or Metrolink, and then cab it to South Coast, but is it really worth it?