Dettol/Perfume. affects on jeans.

hopesgone

Hey, Yes I'm new here. But not new to the forum scene. so basically i've done my search and have not found out what i really wanted to know.

I currently own a pair of 501xx, the 2006 one.

I wore it as soon as I bought it and hvae not washed it since.

Its been close to a month now.

Anyways. as the topic suggests. I was just wondering if its harmful to the material if I spray perfume onto to jeans to get rid of smells, well so far its not quite get rid of smells its more like give it a smell.. but i can imagine 2 or 3 months down the line it'd be for covering up smells.

I'm also quite skeptical about the hygiene factors. basically what i did was put dettol (that antispetic stuff.. im sure they have it in every country.. i think?? Oh I'm from New Zealand :P)

into a spray bottle, and basically did a light spray on crotch area, ass area and the cuffs. are they called cuffs? like right at the feet.. I was wondering if what i did was totally bad. I've done this about twice so far.

if something bad was going to happen to your jeans it probably would've occurred by now (bleaching). it could happen later (slowly weaken the fabric) but i doubt it. i would not worry about the smell, i'm not sure why people complain. my jeans don't ever stink that bad and i wear them constantly. maybe you need to shower more or change your underwear? maybe pour some baby powder / body powder down your pants to absorb sweat during the day.

i'm not sure if the alcohol in the perfume would affect the jeans by staining like an oil or stain could. i think it is probaby possible.

oh oh~ well i'm kinda using the prevention method moreso than the let the patient be sick and cure it method.

i shower everyday and sometimes twice. moring and night. but its just that.. eventually it'll start to smell so i just wanna make last as possible. so far there is no bleaching whatsoever... at all.

i have used HEAPS of different kinds of perfume, cuz i was with the girl shopping and went to a shop where they had heaps of high tier perfumes where there was a bottle for testing.

so i gladly took the incentive and tested them all on my jeans. and it did kinda smell funny when i walked out, had about 6 - 7 different smells dior gucci anna sui armani ck.. lol.

yeah and i've done this to my jeans several times.. about 5? with lots of different perfumes.

and sometimes when i leave the house i'd give it a few sprays with hugo boss.

so far nothing bad has happend, just wanted to know if i should stop this habit or what not.

dettol seems to be fine too no bleaching whatsoever

the dettol i only spray a very small amount. like maybe two to three sprays from about 60cm away.

yeah.

cologne mixed with funk will smell worse than plain crotch funk alone .

If these will be a pair you are not washing for long time , as said before keep yourself and your underwear clean every day and me personally I use goldBond powder on the inner thighs , under sak to absorb sweat and keep a clean " mentholyptus-like " smell in tact ..