dickies and carhartt

Gem_art

I know what you mean, though some of the American Carhartt is incorporated into the European and Japanese ranges about 90% of the clothing is designed specifically for those markets.

One of the stipulations of the production license is that the European and Japanese streetwear cannot be sold in the States.

We did a few styles in 36L for the SS and FW collections but they never made it into production as the demand wasn't there. I can't remember if there are any plans to produce them for SS07, do you want a specific style produced in 36L or do you just want to see a selection?

Hi -

I wanted a selection really.

But from the current season stock I have seen, ideally I would like the San Francisco pant I think it is called. Also the simple / staff pant, both in raw denim

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm

I've just checked through the SS07 product list and there appears to be no plans to produce anything in a 36L. I'll ask what the deal is at the next fixing meeting, sorry I can't be more use...

There's a connection between Edwin and Carhartt Europe which are owned by the same person and distributed by the same company.

Lee is owned by the VF corporation which also owns Vans.

• 4 weeks later...

Hola machachos, I'm lookin for feedback on Carhartt raw denim, what the quality/cut's like etc...particularly interested in the San Francisco, same as Sneakeraddict...tried using the search option, can't find anything, maybe I'm just dumb. All opinions gratefully received.

Hola machachos, I'm lookin for feedback on Carhartt raw denim, what the quality/cut's like etc...particularly interested in the San Francisco, same as Sneakeraddict...tried using the search option, can't find anything, maybe I'm just dumb. All opinions gratefully received.

I've got a couple of pairs of the Carhartt Western San Franciscos. Given that they were £45 retail I've used them as a daily jean to cycle to work and have washed them regularly, I'll take some photos this evening and post them tomorrow.

The raw denim used in the range for FW06 is not San Francisco but the slightly more expensive (£50) Presidio. There is a Selvedge jean in the range for SS07 which should retail for about £85.

All of the pants in the European Carhartt range are oversized, I'm a 31'' waist but take a 29'' in the Western Pants.

The style I'd suggest is the Western Pant which has a 9 and a quarter inch hem (on a 34'' waist).

The San Francisco denim is sold out in this style but will be replaced by the Presido in the next couple of weeks. If you want something wider then the Staff Pant has a 10'' aperture.

Hey Gem_art

Carhartt western's arrived yesterday, pretty good for 45 quid, nice fit, fairly light denim, good for summer, you were right about the sizing. Like em so much got another pair coming, nice jeans for everyday workwear. Thanks again for the advice. BTW how do I change my SF name, realised using my company name's a shit idea...

Glad you're into them, I'm just unpacking the samples for SS07 and the Japanese product looks good, I'm still not sure of the prices though and the samples are way too big for me to try on.

Here's the picture of mine I promised, they're about six months old, a few washes:

WesternPant003.jpg

Can't help with changing your name I'm afraid.

Glad you're into them, I'm just unpacking the samples for SS07 and the Japanese product looks good, I'm still not sure of the prices though and the samples are way too big for me to try on.

Here's the picture of mine I promised, they're about six months old, a few washes:

WesternPant003.jpg

Can't help with changing your name I'm afraid.

Nice, like the way they're fading, i'm not too hardcore on the hi contrast fading, too hygene conscious for the whole 6 months - year thang, sign of age i guess. Not surprised the samples are too big, the 30's i ordered measure up at 34!!! The tag reads "shrinkage controlled" or some such, i'm assuming that's sanforized??? What kinda shrinkage you get on yours? Lemme know what the Japanese editions are like an what price, wouldn't mind a pair, although my wife's on the point of divorcing me, citing my obsession with jeans...muchas gracias, ser enfriado.

Though they seem to shrink about 5% on washing at 40 degrees on a standard cotton wash they stretch back when you wear them, just wash them inside out otherwise they go all streaky. Shrinkage controlled is indeed the Swiss way of saying sanforized.

Gem-Art

did you raise my concerns about Carhartt Euro never doing the 36 inseams!! ;)

By the way, you said you know about Edwin too, if I recall, have Edwin Europe got any plans to do a 'normal' rise jeans any time soon?

Had the ED47s but had to sell them cos the rise is just too low for my taste, but love the greycast denim, so wanna see it used again but in a normal rise jeans.........?

Though they seem to shrink about 5% on washing at 40 degrees on a standard cotton wash they stretch back when you wear them, just wash them inside out otherwise they go all streaky. Shrinkage controlled is indeed the Swiss way of saying sanforized.

Thanks again...have to say, access to the level of information and expertise on SF is doing nothing to stem my growing obsession for all things denim...a year ago the max I'd pay for a pair of jeans was 70 bucks, now I'm lookin at 160 an thinkin, cool, savin 50 bucks if I buy 2 pairs...at least it's safer than my previous motorcycle fetish...lol. U got any tips on selling on the net? I'm currently retailing as a sub brand at a mates shop but want to set up my own website, mostly selling one off and limited t's and graphics, but juggling it with a 9 to 5 is killing me. Strikes me that SF is a mine of info and contacts...