Yen jeans? (Ring Ring help)

flex1

I've seen a few on ebay, how would you be able to tell the fakes? All the one's that I have seen so far have a very authentic looking selvage. is there such thing as fake selvage jeans, wouldn't that defeat the purpose of selling low cost fakes, because the cost of making a actual selvage jean is more expensive.

I've noticed this with evisu as well, I think I am able to distinguish all the fakes ones because they are non-selvage but try to immitate it by having the red chain stitch.

Edited by flex1 on Jan 20, 2005 at 11:36 PM

Quote:

Just wondering how Yen selvage jeans are. How is the fit and quality compared to other selvage denim brands out there? Also what is a fair price for a pair? Any help is greatly appreciated thx.

--- Original message by flex1 on Jan 20, 2005 05:22 PM

Hey Flex

I've not looked at any Yen selvage jeans in the flesh yet - They look pretty good though, with the LEvis style hidden back pocket rivets.

I've seen plenty of non selvage from the Italian made Yen Orange label collection. The quality is high. Both fabrics and washes are high cost, (although I guess you'd be looking for a dry or rinse wash for the selvages) as is the often complicated construction. Fit is a rather subjective thing, so I can only say that the ones I have seen on fit just fine.

I would expect to pay in excess of US$180 for a pair new-in-shop.

Edited by ringring on Jan 21, 2005 at 02:38 AM

I know what you are talking about - I ve seen those 'selvedge' yens on ebay that end for like $30 - fully equiped with the redline inseam. I recommend using your discretion, and remember the golden rule of ebay - if it s too good to be true - it probably is. Also you may want to make sure the hidden rivets are present, good luck.