Goodenough, PAM etc; mere hype or real quality?

hahnstch

I have not purchased any of their t-shirts (PAM, gdeh, and those equivalent UK brands), and I am curious what makes the price tag so high? Is it just mere hype or is there really something special to their t-shirts? I dont think their designs are any better than those featured in digitalgravel.com, yet the prices are three times as much.

Thanks in advance

PAM is Australian, not British. The quality of their Tees and all of their clothing is quite nice and yes you do pay more partly because all of their goods come from halfway across the globe, and partly because of Hype.

But is it really that much? a PAM tee in NYC goes for $40-$45... the avg price of most domestic tees to sell at NYC boutiques has risen to $32-$36 at this point (Supreme excluded)!! I personally also think PAMs designs are some of the freshest in the scene right now and have been for a while. GDEH on the other hand i haven't really been feeling much at all.

oops, did i say that PAM is british? sorry abt that. i guess the domestic tee prices have been marked-up at most NYC boutiques, you can get some of those tees for cheaper price online (especially with combined shipping). PAM price isnt that bad, but i still cant understand gdeh.. $68 for a leopard printed tee??

gdeh tees are overpriced, but so are most tees in the uk (gimme5, PAM etc etc). they're just ordinary Guildan tees with prints and yet they charge 30 GBP for them: outrageous.

the average price for a tee from digital gravel is 20 USD. very reasonable, although most of the featured brands are quite weak. milkcrate and x-large usually release a few interesting designs every season though.

Edited by sassafras on Jan 18, 2005 at 08:31 PM