LEVI's 1947 501xx Questions/Comments/Concerns

Quote:

So I should expect about 2 inches of shrinkage in the legs, correct? The stf sticker on them is alarming, but I've never heard of anyone lose a full three inches in inseam length on these bad boys.

-Jake

--- Original message by jake431 on May 16, 2006 09:49 AM

if i strech them when they r still wet. i guess the shrinkage will only be 1 inch, right?

with my LVCs the bleeding stoppepd within 2 weeks, but when i was walking around with wet jeans on the bleeding was terrible. i would also like to say that the indigo on LVCs seem to fade just by being worn. my jeans went from almost black to a good deep dark blue. it went 2 or 3 shades lighter, they are a great color but i wish they were still almost black.

if anyone has seen ryu's sugar cane 1947, he washes his every month and they look great. i would say the 6 month rule is a great starting point, but if you are active, ie: riding your bike a lot or skating a lot, i would say just wash them every month. try it after one month (or however long) of good wear and after one wash check to see if you got the results you wanted. contrary to what a lot of people say, you can still "save" your jeans after one wash. good luck with your jeans, you wont be disappointed; LVC 1947s are great.

-later days.