iPod cases- preferences/ reccomendations?

azymuth

Yo whats up, looking for a case for my 4th Gen Click Wheel iPod 20G... need something for the gym (tight grip to avoid drops), and something for the street... anyone had any good experiences? bad? thanks.

<center>All Served with White Rice and Choice of (1) Shrimp Toast, or (1) Spare Rib, or (2) Crabmeat Wonton, or (1) Egg Roll or (1) Soup </center>

www.vajacases.com

Vaja makes made-to-order high quality iPod leather cases. They are nice and slim so they still fit in your pocket, and are the nicest looking cases I've ever seen (honestly, the Dior Homme case really isn't that cool). For the most protection, contour designs makes a harder plastic case with a belt clip. For the gym, go to your Apple store and get a run of the mill 3rd party arm-strap vinyl case.

I would not recommend leaving it naked. I took mine directly from box to case and it has remained in perfect condition since day one. I am very happy with that decision. I can't stand to see the screen all scratched up. The back of the iPod can be buffed out, so keep that in mind.

you can get them at the head porter store in nyc...they have 3 or 4 different colorways. you used to be able to find them on ace-web as well, but i don't think they stock them any longer.

also- i don't think the socks are a good option unless you are looking to prevent only scratches...they offer no impact protection and honestly are not that attractive...maybe decent for a girl.

RHFIV

I have a 20G 4th generation iPod.

www.radtech.us velvet like sock is pretty thin. Feels and looks great, but the plastic that is supposed to protect your display actually causes scratches. This is why I threw it away.

Now I use an iSkin EVO2 whick is much better. It get's a bit bigger and heavier though, so it might not be suitable for sports. The silicone rubber will make your pod armoured against shocks though. I like it.

Reporter: "What do you think about western civilization?"

Gandhi: "I think it would be a good idea."

Edited by Tisswat on Jan 14, 2005 at 09:51 AM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...