Rayban Wayfarers

BOORADLEY

The difference is size. If I'm not mistaken the Wayfarer I is bigger than the Wayfarer II which is bigger than the "new" wayfarer. Each pair should list the width and I think the bigger ones are 54mm. Mine are the new wayfarer's which are 51mm. I don't think there's a huge difference since mine seem pretty big. It all depends on the size of your face.

Here's a silly picture...

heal2ng.jpg

Edited by ryju on Apr 30, 2006 at 08:04 AM

well i grabbed a pair of the new wayfarers yesterday and they fit nicely and everything. but they just dont look to oversized for me. i used to have a pair a few years back but i broke them. im assuming i had the original wayfarers though... maybe i will go check all the sungass huts in my area haha. thanks for the help

i was talking to a lady today at the sunglass hut and she said that they dont make the original wayfarers anymore.. just the new wayfarers. granted they usually have no idea what they are talking about so i didnt take the info to heart. can anyone confirm this??

Quote:

The difference is size. If I'm not mistaken the Wayfarer I is bigger than the Wayfarer II which is bigger than the "new" wayfarer. Each pair should list the width and I think the bigger ones are 54mm. Mine are the new wayfarer's which are 51mm. I don't think there's a huge difference since mine seem pretty big. It all depends on the size of your face.

Here's a silly picture...

heal2ng.jpg

Edited by ryju on Apr 30, 2006 at 08:04 AM

--- Original message by ryju on Apr 30, 2006 08:03 AM

From my reserach, the sizes are the other way around. I've got a pair of 50 Wayfarers (originals) and have seen Wayfarer II's up to 57.

well thats all fine and dandy but can anyone confirm that they still make them? 2213 vs 2232s (model numbers) (something like that haha) the 2213's were the originals and the 2232 are the new wayfarers... 2213's arent on the website though!?

Guest Airjamie

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I will be buried in my wayfarers. The only difference not discussed as far as the old and new wayfarers is that the new ones have rayban logo studs on the earstem whereas the old have the same diamond shape that is found on the front. You can usually pick up a pair from any era for about $30 on ebay, including the colored ones from the 80's (see cocktail, which is for all intents and purposes risky business 2)