Top 5 Vinyl Designers

daluckoflucien

1) Michael Lau

2) Michael Lau

3) Michael Lau

3) Michael Lau

4) Eric So

with the vinyl toy market being as over-inflated as it is, even the greats haven't really been producing very interesting figures for a while. I think 2 years ago was the last time i saw one and thought "I have to have it". And sadly a lot of the newer vinyl designer who do come up with interesting designs, use really cheap vinyl and rather than using colored plastic for each piece, most of the plastic is one color and then painted.

problem is most of the best Michael Lau stuff are only for exhibition...have you seen his latest Nike T90 project? Michael Lau is the best as his figures all have a great character as he is a very inventive and interesting character designer. Don't see figure designers out there that can come up with wacky, fun, interesting and at the same time cool characters like he does.

Quote:

they aren't only for exhibition. You can Buy Lau figures, they are usually between $80-$150 but they can be bought.

I sa wthe Nike exhibit online, but the pictures were way to dark to see what was going on. I kind of also think he's fallen off a bit.

--- Original message by Dolo on Dec 28, 2004 01:57 PM

freshnessmag.com has better pics of it.

No, I know that but he has several stuff that are not for sale and were only meant for exhibition. His bestest stuff are not for sale at all! Maybe only a few given to his friends etc.

and I don't think he's fallen off at all. He's growing as an artist and is trying and doing new stuff...he's a natural innovator. By doing this and moving forward he's bound to upset hardcore fans who were driven to him by his gradener/crazy children/LMF early stuff. It's inevitable to lose fans when you grow.