info on HK...

lightningbolt

dudes,

am heading down to hk soon. i know there are tons of info on hk on these boards, but i cant find any on music and the local underground scene in hk.

for starters, where do i go if im looking to get some indie/ experimental/ underground local CDs? where do i go if i want to catch some local gigs? i always make it a point to check out the local scene in whichever country im in, so appreciate if any of you mad peeps can point me in the right direction.

im not looking for info on club/ house/ hip hop/ cantopop or anything that is remotely mainstream. pls screw me towards the other end of the spectrum. am into stuff like lightning bolt (obviously), jaga jazzist, nadja, stars of the lid, loop, bailter space, the cure, earth, sunn o))) (big dooooom person). metal that is sung by people wearing leather and riding bikes pretty much does it for me too (maiden, judas priest, slough feg). big black metal fan here as well (taake, burzum, old wainds)...not as excited by death anymore, but always up for really good thrash (kreator, slayer). kings of leon, wilco, death cab, envy, pelican, mono, godspeed et al pretty much lean towards the indie "mainstream" for me, but nonetheless still a big part of my insatiable appetite. of course, hk bands that plow the same fields as above will be a more valuable find to me. or even just good old hk indie rock bands. so educate me please...

dudes,

am heading down to hk soon. i know there are tons of info on hk on these boards, but i cant find any on music and the local underground scene in hk.

for starters, where do i go if im looking to get some indie/ experimental/ underground local CDs? where do i go if i want to catch some local gigs? i always make it a point to check out the local scene in whichever country im in, so appreciate if any of you mad peeps can point me in the right direction.

im not looking for info on club/ house/ hip hop/ cantopop or anything that is remotely mainstream. pls screw me towards the other end of the spectrum. am into stuff like lightning bolt (obviously), jaga jazzist, nadja, stars of the lid, loop, bailter space, the cure, earth, sunn o))) (big dooooom person). metal that is sung by people wearing leather and riding bikes pretty much does it for me too (maiden, judas priest, slough feg). big black metal fan here as well (taake, burzum, old wainds)...not as excited by death anymore, but always up for really good thrash (kreator, slayer). kings of leon, wilco, death cab, envy, pelican, mono, godspeed et al pretty much lean towards the indie "mainstream" for me, but nonetheless still a big part of my insatiable appetite. of course, hk bands that plow the same fields as above will be a more valuable find to me. or even just good old hk indie rock bands. so educate me please...

belongs in superjetset