houston texas?

cubhands

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

houstons really boring unless you are a middle aged african american that digs smmooothe jazz.

shopping for everyone else: galleria > barneys coop, banana republic, whatever store interests you theres a 50% chance that the galleria has it.

museums: the cam (contemporary arts museum, huge tin box, cant miss it) is always good, MFAH always delivers. for a little bit smaller scale art yet more cutting edge check out d!iverse works.

The Rothko Chapel the Menil Collection are both pretty awesome.

I find the shopping in Houston to be a little lackluster, but what do I know? I actually found the Galleria to be really disappointing. The last time I was there, the shirts I tried on at Zara reeked of body odor. The Barneys there has mostly Penguin and Theory, and I didn't see much of interest at Neiman, Saks, or Ralph Lauren. Things change, though.

The Village I think has some cool shopping, although not necessarily for clothes. Pretty close to the Galleria, too.

I actually had the most success shopping at Katy Mills outlet mall, but that's not really in Houston proper.

houstons really boring unless you are a middle aged african american that digs smmooothe jazz.

shopping for everyone else: galleria > barneys coop, banana republic, whatever store interests you theres a 50% chance that the galleria has it.

museums: the cam (contemporary arts museum, huge tin box, cant miss it) is always good, MFAH always delivers. for a little bit smaller scale art yet more cutting edge check out d!iverse works.

i like jazz, but im not middle aged or african american...haha

ill most definitely visit cam

im thinking about thrift shopping too, cause im a bit poor at the moment. do you know any good clothing thrift shops?

sounds interesting, what kind of foood?

last i remember it was seafood. or cajun, hell i haven't been there in years.

if you want cheap crawfish there is a joint called Ragin Cajun on 290 and hollister (google search the directions) that sells crawfish for $5 a pound. The seasoning is average/poor but its so cheap that it'll fill you up if your craving crawfish.

There's some good spanish/mexican joints around town. There's a great Greek restaurant that i went to a few days ago called Yai Yai Mary's (on post oak and I-10 before the Galleria exit) although its' more family oriented.

There are a few good sushi joints around town but most just cater to americans and its not very authentic. I'm not too familiar with the italian food around town.

Go to bellaire for the vietnamese food.

hope this helps.

i like jazz, but im not middle aged or african american...haha

ill most definitely visit cam

im thinking about thrift shopping too, cause im a bit poor at the moment. do you know any good clothing thrift shops?

The Space Center.. they might have some vintage astronauts suit.

There's a two or three block stretch on Westheimer between Hazard and Montrose which has a Buffalo Exchange, Taxi Taxi, American Apparel, and some other independent stores. Those could be up your alley.

oh ewww american apparel, im so tired of seeing kids around california all dressed up in mono-colored pieces of clothing. idk if its like that in other states, but its every where in southern california. its boring. i dont even know why kids like that stuff.

haha but thank you, ill be sure to visit those blocks, independent shops intrigue me

last i remember it was seafood. or cajun, hell i haven't been there in years.

if you want cheap crawfish there is a joint called Ragin Cajun on 290 and hollister (google search the directions) that sells crawfish for $5 a pound. The seasoning is average/poor but its so cheap that it'll fill you up if your craving crawfish.

There's some good spanish/mexican joints around town. There's a great Greek restaurant that i went to a few days ago called Yai Yai Mary's (on post oak and I-10 before the Galleria exit) although its' more family oriented.

There are a few good sushi joints around town but most just cater to americans and its not very authentic. I'm not too familiar with the italian food around town.

Go to bellaire for the vietnamese food.

hope this helps.

thank you so much, this helped alot

its making me hungry