Bird Flu

johninger

Scientists in US are not willing to comment on the cause of death of a pigeon found dead in California today.

The investigators suspect bird flu but cannot be sure until serological tests are undertaken.

It is not known whether the .22 bullet that was shot through the bird by local hunters was in anyway connected with the death.

"We just cannot be sure until we get the carcass back to the lab" asserted Dr Tom Galloway, chief virologist from the University of the United States of America.

.... in other news

KFC assures customers that bird flu is not a problem. In a statement released to the media earlier in the day, KFC public relations have asserted that "nothings gonna survive more than a minute in our fryers, and if it does one of the special herbs & spices is actually a highly potent anti-viral".

I hope indigo doesn't cause cancer...

... could you hand me the dental floss

Edited by johninger on Oct 24, 2005 at 12:22 AM

i thought that last sentence was a parody! i worked in public relations this summer, now that makes me cringe. i call bullshit on the "highly potent anti-viral" spices, i didn't know paprika killed HIV or even H5N1 - the dreaded killer avian flu?

so these hunters shot and downed a pigeon but think avian flu killed it?

head - smack - desk

head - smack - desk

head - smack - desk

• 2 years later...
i thought that last sentence was a parody! i worked in public relations this summer, now that makes me cringe. i call bullshit on the "highly potent anti-viral" spices, i didn't know paprika killed HIV or even H5N1 - the dreaded killer avian flu?

so these hunters shot and downed a pigeon but think avian flu killed it?

head - smack - desk

head - smack - desk

head - smack - desk

A BITCH B WILIN