firefox 3.

FunkyFrenchy

Definitely going to break (or should I say make) the record.

I've used the RCs for a while but I still prefer Opera 9.5

IE 8 anyone? Didn't think so. After holding internet development back a good few years with IE6, I think the competition is really fierce, FF and Opera run rings around IE imo; microsoft will have to do more than this splices bullshit to keep a good buffer as far as browser share is concerned. BBC and i'm sure other big media outlets were publicising FF's big release - I think a their share will jump considerably from 15%.

I just downloaded it. Seems ok... reminds me of IE more than the previous version. The screen seems much larger now which I like.

One thing I don't like so far is the way it tries to remind me of what page to visit.... I usually type "go" then press down arrow to go to google.com, gm then down arrow to go to gmail, "broo" to go to brooklynvegan stuff like that but now it takes me to a supertalk page which has "goto=132431341" in the address instead... maybe I should start using real bookmarks.

Also: I once downloaded AOL instant messaging to video chat with someone and regret it.

ever since then instead of automatically searching google when I type an incomplete URL into the browsing text entry area it searches through AOL instead... this bothers me.

anyone know how to fix it? it is still AOL searching even though I upgraded to Firefox 3. Uninstall then reinstall? Thank you.