Zeitgeist - The Movie

chrisj

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/main.htm

I just wanted to share this with you guys and hear some of your opinions on this movie.

I know some of you have already seen it, so I would like to hear your take on this.

Bullshit or truth?

After watching this I have to do some more thinking, I honestly believe in what I've just watched. That notion in itself creeps me out as well.

After watching the film and having seen numerous conspiracy films, like the 9/11 Loose Change bit on google, I am skeptical over the idea that this presents to us.

However I strongly believe in some of the information presented to us, including the information regarding 9/11 an event that I followed very closely and because of the 9/11 Loose Change video did some more research on.

I know that a lot of these sorts of movies are said to be too well constructed in terms of coincidences lining up or the information is put together and pieced and then presented to us in a manner which makes us believe that the ideas they are proposing are feasible.

Well you dont got to watch conspiricy theories to know the worlds a fucked up place. Look at the shit Haliburton and blackwater do. The CIA's shady past, US involvement in Isreal/Africa/Japan. Shit look at the greedy fucks in enron and the stupid SEC and vultures from the housing industry. Who cares avout some trivial shit right now, look at the facts!

Bullshit

most of it is. You would be surpised at how the so called "911 truthers" dont do research. They just look for more info that they agree with. If u go to the JREF forum there are a lot of people there who have analyzed it over and over and debunked most of the stuff they talk about in the film. They also provide sources to find more info on your own. I recommend going there before joining any kind of "truth movement" group. :]

Guest Methimphibian

didn't like it, i watched the first half and just turned it off, they have not one source for any of the garbage they spew out. it's like would you turn in a research paper in college without a works cited page?

most of it is. You would be surpised at how the so called "911 truthers" dont do research. They just look for more info that they agree with. If u go to the JREF forum there are a lot of people there who have analyzed it over and over and debunked most of the stuff they talk about in the film. They also provide sources to find more info on your own. I recommend going there before joining any kind of "truth movement" group. :]

James Randi is the fucking man. Most people could stand to be a little more skeptical.

you know the work cited page is usually at the end;)

Doesn't matter. The majority of the "convincing" information is largely stolen from three other conspiracy films, such as "Loose Change" that Chris already mentioned, which have all been largely debunked.

It would be more like accepting a paper from someone with a clear bias whose only sources were Wikipedia and articles written by his crazy neighbors.

Guest chemi

while i'm extremely careful when looking at conspiracy theories and how people try to oversimplify very confusing and detailed ideas, i thought it was really well put together. it benefits from not delving into the 'illuminati" craziness and presents it points well. i actually found the religious stuff at the beginning to be the most interesting, just because there were some new ideas - i think people have made their minds up about 9/11, and little will change their view at this stage.

chrisj - you may enjoy "The Trap: What Happened to Our Dream of Freedom" which is a BBC documentary about present day ideas of "freedom. also "game theory" is pretty interesting

Doesn't matter. The majority of the "convincing" information is largely stolen from three other conspiracy films, such as "Loose Change" that Chris already mentioned, which have all been largely debunked.

It would be more like accepting a paper from someone with a clear bias whose only sources were Wikipedia and articles written by his crazy neighbors.

LOL, I know dude I even said that in my first post. I was just being cute.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...