Bucktown/Wicker Park

Quattroporte

I'm sure many people here are familiar with Chicago, but I didn't seem to find much with the search. This spring, I'm going to Indianapolis in a big group (about 15 people) and we're all dropping by Chicago for one day. I want to make sure I know how to best manage my time and not waste it by visiting stores that sell things I know I can't afford.

Does Penelope's carry a wide enough selection of men's clothing to be worth visiting?

Is Marc by Marc Jacobs on Damen easy to access? Meaning there's lots of other places to visit around that area.

Are there any other boutiques or second hand stores worth visiting?

And most important of all, i heard Giordano's has great pizza, but what are some places that can make it better without breaking my wallet?

I know it's early but I have lots of people to plan with so I don't want to ruin the trip. Thanks!

penelope's not that good, end of story, some apc some western shirts, some shitty t-shirts.

marc jacobs isnt built yet.

in wicker park for guys,

g-star, hejfina, untitled and a few other boutiques i forgot the names of.

in downtown chicago, bloomingdales 2nd / 5th floor, barneys, diesel.

thats about it for chicago.

giordano's is ok for a chain but the original pizzeria uno and due downtown are worth the wait but if time is a premium you may not be able to slot it in except outside peak hours. i wouldn't say any of them are budget breaking unless you're used to a $2 slice.

i thought there was a boutique on lincoln near the old lounge ax and wax trax that were worthwhile (margiela, marni et al) but it's been years since i've been so not sure what current status is.

chicago sucks. don't waste your time on shopping and go to the chicago art institute. but even that art museum is second rate. heh. maybe go swimming at the lake?

haha i agree.

actually i just thought of one.

active endeavors on armitage/sheffield IS actually good.

japanese labels, labels you havent heard of, kinda pricey but 10x better than barneys.

many dont know about this one :)

chicago does not suck

it's just that the city's not even on the map in terms of fashion, espec. men's

but then again, you can count on one hand the number of us cities that are

if you're just going to complain about how everything there is second rate, you're probably better off shutting the fuck up and moving to new york