Various ways to wear hi tops?

shinobi2000

This may seem like a "duh" topic but I haven't bought a pair of high top sneakers since junior high! I just got a pair of high top dunks and surprisingly it's hurting my Achilles tendon -- feels like i'm wearing boots. I undid the top 3 lace holes which helped but I'm wondering how other people wear them, especially in reference to the sneaker tongue and jeans. I see various styles of "tongue hanging" where they leave the leg opening to the sneakers flared open and the sneaker tongue flipped forward. I see various ways the jeans leg openings are kept -- sometimes draped over the high top, or tucked inside the sneaker like when wearing a boot. When I was checking out the new AF1s at NIketown, the guy was showing me various ways to wear the straps etc. I've never really been into the sneaker culture so this is all new to me. Do you guys with the skinny tapered jeans wear big sneakers? I've seen some people where it looks ridiculous but others where it looks cool. THoughts, comments, pics would be appreciated.

It's a very old pic now, but first one I came by. I always wear slim jeans with hi's and tuck in, if they bunch up too much (slim jims tend to) I do a lil tight pinroll and then they fit in nice and snug, looks better with thin finns..

2k_nudie_sb.jpg

Get's some hate, but tbh I don't see the point in hi's if they're gonna be hiding under jeans, get 'em on show ;)

There's probably a science of it that I don't know, but I'd say experiment! I always wear skinny jean bunched over hi tops which is the classic way I guess?

i wear high tops pretty much exclusively... haven't worn a low top sneaker since... maybe since i was 14, or 15.

how i wear them really depends on the shoe... and how you should wear them depends on your personal preference. High tops are really versatile and you can wear them any number of ways, none of them is more correct than the other.

Cheep and Cultpop are probably the most notorious hitop posters on sufu, and both pull them off brilliantly (as does the above posted Kento...nice shy pinks by the way).

Here michael j. shows us how to rock hi tops with skinny jeans like a pro

alcabino_70359156a.jpg