prague --> greece -> turkey for easter!

bigsteve101

hey sorry for the mass postings.

so i found some good flights to get me & friends down to athens via prague. we will most likely depart from turkey..i am just wondering...are there NO budget airlines that fly from turkey? i am having trouble finding anything. does anyone know any airlines? it doesn't have to be direct to copenhagen, but anywhere that we can catch a connecting flight out of.

p.s. - we are using skyeurope to get there.

turkey seems kind of big also...but i have read on here that Kusadasi and Bodrum are good places to visit outside Istanbul?

it seems like the general thought is to spend more time in one place rather than rush through multiple places..this being my first time in Europe, I do not know if I will have another chance to visit Turkey. (it is kind of out of the way, and Greece is quite close...can you not take a ferry through the islands to Turkey?)

Easyjet flies to Istanbul, but not to its main airport.

What do you want to see while you're in Turkey? The country has everything, from awesome culture/history to wild party towns to beautiful landscapes.

Istanbul is MASSIVE, and there's tons of stuff to see, you could spend quite a bit of time there if you wanted. I would highly suggest going to Cappadocia (sp?) for some hiking through some of the most surreal landscapes in the world. Lots of backpackers go to Olimpos too, which is on the southern coast. It's basically a chill little backpacker village on the sea, for $5 a night you can sleep in a bungalow in the middle of an orange grove. Not the most authentic, but it's nice for relaxing.

Most of the southern/western coast is really touristy, but there's also quite a bit to see. If you're feeling ballsy and you get the opportunity to go to the east, I recommend it, you'll see end up seeing a very different Turkey.

In the end, you'll love wherever you go, Turkey is an amazing country.