fran seems like a nice guy

how do i know you didn't copy this from youtube comments

As much as its easy to laugh at people who do this (and sometimes rightfully so; some people are uninformed and do not take the time to research the product or have an underdeveloped sense of style) but these people are dropping their anonymity on the internet and creating content. That shows a strong will to make things happen for yourself that is appealing to colleges you apply to, job interviews, etc.

Case in point, Kelleydenham showed me this guy on Youtube (recommendation came from Christos) and I watched his videos laughing at some truly horrendous streetwear. However, this kid is hustling. He gets free money for his clothes from Karmaloop, he makes money off of Youtube almost certainly, and because of is dedication to his channel he earned a scholarship to his college of choice for his "fashion sense."

Is this not what a lot of us would like to do? I mean, shit. I want to bash the idea of "buy less, buy better" into this kid's head so badly but the consumer culture that exists is undeniable, and we all start somewhere.

Tldr; Kid is streetwear stupid but I would love to be paid to shop, get paid to talk about clothes, and have my education at least partially paid for by studying clothing.

Basically what you've just said is, "Do bad and dumb things and good stuff will happen to you."

Wait, you're the guy I argued with Kanye/Givenchy about! You're so optimistic and I'm so pessimistic. Ha! When will we get along?

Edited by okonomi

Basically what you've just said is, "Do bad and dumb things and good stuff will happen to you."

Wait, you're the guy I argued with Kanye/Givenchy about! You're so optimistic and I'm so pessimistic. Ha! When will we get along?

Hahaha. I am an odd mix and it honestly depends on the day.

The reason I felt compelled to write that is that I'd love to see someone with sufu sensibilities do s/s and f/w show reviews on Youtube, post up fits in motion/with different layers on, and start discussions on the history of brands/designers and get rewarded in the same way. But it seems like few if any of us would be willing to step in front of a camera in the way that he is, and that does not work to our advantage in the world that we live in. Expressing your interests verbally to the world is a skill and a skill well worth developing.

Maybe I try to be the first. Pioneers are often rewarded! Unless they go even slightly unprepared. Then they get dysentery.