anything about milan

hi i went there about 3/4 years ago and found it totally over rated. they had a department store called coin which was pretty good, most of the main designers are all situated in a square in the same area. i found it good if you wanted to find big label houses but i couldnt find much else. the mandarina duck store was awesome but that was when they stocked clothes.

the sports shops are pretty good. if you stand with your back to the duomo and walk away from it, there were some good sports shops down there selling sneaks, and to the right is a little galleria which is nice.

• 2 weeks later...
those who've been there, the good,the bad,the overrated? best restaurants,hotels,hidden gems?

the good - fakin food is out of this world, as long as you avoid tourist traps. stunning women.

the bad - eurotrash capital of the world. men look like peacocks - absolutely disgusting. and don't even think of driving there.

i stayed at hotel straf, which was absolutely outstanding, design and service wise. hotel gray is right across the street and looks as good.

http://www.straf.it

http://www.hotelthegray.com/

best store is 10 corso como hands down - check my blog for some pictures.

the whole corso como area is alive and kicking all day, and no tourists - gotta love it. i also stayed at hotel "una tocq", which is right around the corner from there. the hotel is ok, but the location can't be beat if you are piss-drunk at some club and have to haul your ass home.

• 3 weeks later...

go to colonne di san lorenzo, ticinese to have a beer or shopping or have fun night and day. go to hollywood for dance or to plastic. eat at joia light wich is in ticinese too. go to the sempione park to relax. well...have fun!

i'm from milan...\

:)

pretty cool place i went there last summer just be careful there are alota pick pocketers there i almost got picked :( but anyway if your into sneakers like jordans and all that they have some footlockers and other sneaker stores there that have stuff before they release in the us so thats pretty cool.. um i diddnt stay teh night there we spent about 3 or 4 hours there parking is kinda expensive if your drive there..