Which jeans should I buy?

APC English cut. There seems to be a general consensus that these are good jeans.

I've not seen the Howies in the flesh - are they raw, unwashed denim? My guess is they have been through one-wash. Cool brand though, their site is interesting reading.

Other suggestions:

Edwin Greenville or Nashville both in dry selvedge.

Levis LVC 501XX 1955

Nudie Loose Frank Dry

Edited by ringring on Feb 9, 2005 at 12:24 PM

I am definetely going to purchase a pair of the apc anglais, but not sure

the sizing I have to order online. I wear a size 33 in a rogan original jean. But my true waist size is a 32, however I like my jeans to fit looser. Any suggestions? I was thinking about going up even to a size 34 in the anglais, not sure though.

Quote:

RingRing, how reliable is Aeroleatherclothing for their shipping and time periods. I also understand that they are selling these for 110 pounds however arent they worth roughly $700 or something like that? Thanks man

--- Original message by I J F on Feb 3, 2005 08:54 PM

i think the ones on that site are repros... not actual vintage which would fetch the $700 price tag.

"you're not living unless you're wasting time on the internet."

Ring Ring what is the sizing like, as I usually wear a 34 or 32 depending on the denim. Unfortunately the shipping isnt free but these to me are a must have. Also, I would like to ask you some information about Casucci. I am curious how expansive they are internationally ?, And what sort of feedback and price range they stand at ? Thanks again buddy.

www.brani.com / www.carpeinternational.com

IJF - just go with the size guidelines on Aero. I guess sizing to a certain extent is subjective, depending on how you wear your jeans as well as variation between brand to brand.

Casucci - I think their main market is Italy. Price range varies, as they produce several lines (something like 5 different collections), each targeted at a different price point and produced in different places. Some lines are really cheap, others like Casucci and Re-Hash are pointed at the high end.

If you manage to get distribution rights, you owe me a pair of jeans lol!

flex,

i ordered some apc anglais's. got em the other day. i wear a 36 in rogans, so i ordered a 36 in the apc's. they were way too big. gonna get a 34. hope that gives you some idea. i don't plan on washing them anytime soon once i get the right size. but i hope when i do there won't be too much shrinkage. anybody know if they're sanforized? also, can anybody shed any light on what they look like if you don't wash them for 6 months or so, like nudies?

thanks!

thx for the heads up CW , I still haven't purchased them yet, and am a little hesitant....what are

your opinions on them considering you are a first time buyer?

I dont like tapered jeans too much, and like at least a 9-91/4 inche cuff opening, how are the cuff opening's for the apc jeans?

it's difficult to tell just how they'll fit, because mine were way too big. the denim is really nice. i don't know enough to tell you what kind, but it's got a great texture and feel to it. and the color is really nice. my guess is the leg opening will be fine. i can't stand jeans that have a slightly tapered look even when they're 'straight leg' and i don't think these'll have it. hope that helps some...

do diesel's suck? I know most Diesel Jeans aren't exactly "THE" denim to own and no one here seems to talk bout it. I've never owned any and never really bothered to look at the Diesel store here in downtown SF. But lately while walking pass the store there's this one pair I see inside hanging somewhere that I kinda like and would like some info from u guys. Coz I'm thinking of going in there soon to check it out.

Are they worth the money as compared with the other brands out there? How's the quality like? Are the washes good? Do they have raw denim? Any info will be helpful...even complaints.

I hate to say it, but Diesel is so 5 years ago. Go to the post street levis store and check out the bottom floor LVC stuff. The jeans look cool and don't have that sensitve guy art faggy look. I am also a fan of Levi's red, they used to be on the top floor, but now they are on the second to last floor.

Live is too short for bad denim!

I was just wondering about the quality and if it's worth it or not...I don't care if anybody likes it or not or what "group" it's associated with...I just so happened saw a pair that looks good and different from all their usual stuff. But thanks for the feedback...as for the Levi's store in SF...I've gotta say I'm dissapointed with the stuff they stock. That building is not meant for true denim lover/connosieurs, it's more like a gap/old navy for people who wear Levi's mainstream market stuff.

All in all, I've yet to step into a Levi's store in America that sells great stuff...as far as I know9but I could be wrong), in the states, all the hot levi's are not sold in levi's stores. The levi's stores overseas are much better. With that said at least they have a vintage section....oh well.

How is diesel any worse or cornier than Paper, G-star, Nudie, Rogan, Seven, etc, etc... you know? every thing anyone has ever said about what kind of people wear Diesel can be applied to any of those brands. I'm not a denim expert so i can't go into detail but Diesel does use good quality denim for their jeans, i'd say on par with levis.