Dior Homme spring 07

as a collection it is way better then ss 06. personally it's not for me, most of the stuff is to feminine. slimane always like an androgynous look, but i feel this is going a bit to far. it's easy to explane why, since he has always hinted he wanted to do a womens collection in the near future. i do like the more constant things that return every collection, the jeans, the trenches and there were a few great jackets. i also feel that slimane is taking the youth sub culture's a bit to literally, they should be an inspiration and a reference, now most of it look like he just spends to much time on misshapes. i do think it's cool that he uses these london underground movements, but dior should be leading the fashion scene and should inspire those movements. now it's more like dior is just following it.

his take in general is way too feminine i think (those vests?? :eek:) but i still love the sleek tailoring and minimalist color scheme he has going on. i hope he'll do women's wear soon, i have a feeling it might be more of his area.

his expertise is in men's wear but his style would do good for dior's women's wear, which i must say is no good in galliano's hands..

I always think its funny... Dior collections are by and large kinda heinous except for a few really exceptional pieces in each one. The ugly cropped jackets, stupid sashes, ripped whatever the heck... but a trench and a leather jacket save it.

in my opinion, the last picture (of Slimane himself) looks better than any of the models.

I was thinking the exact opposite. The clothes he design have so much elegance, but the way he dresses doesnt reflect that at all. He doesn't have particularly well tailored clothes, which you would expect from a master taylor. His jeans seem to be quite anti-fit, and i don't really think any of the layering he has works, and the colours seem to clash. His suit jackets also always seem to be too small for him, and not in a good way.

I have total respect for hedi, as he is my favourite designer. These are just my observations.

In this collection, the noticable difference is that the rise of the jeans are lower, and they have become narrower. A definiate 'gender-blurring' statement. I really like the grey suit.

i was at this mall called kadawe in berlin last week and they had a pretty good dior homme collection. the salesperson was awesome and definately walked me through the whole line....a lot of the stuff was definately crazy...i remember these sweaters with ripped and shredded shoulders and sleeves. but the dior homme staple items were awesome as always. the thing that really blew me away was the shades....amazing eyewear

I was thinking the exact opposite. The clothes he design have so much elegance, but the way he dresses doesnt reflect that at all. He doesn't have particularly well tailored clothes, which you would expect from a master taylor. His jeans seem to be quite anti-fit, and i don't really think any of the layering he has works, and the colours seem to clash. His suit jackets also always seem to be too small for him, and not in a good way.

I have total respect for hedi, as he is my favourite designer. These are just my observations.

In this collection, the noticable difference is that the rise of the jeans are lower, and they have become narrower. A definiate 'gender-blurring' statement. I really like the grey suit.

i read somewhere that hedi wears apc new standards. dont take my word though.

I remember reading something about how Hedi always like APC jeans before he did DH and he modeled the DH jeans after APC, or something like that. That makes sense as both DH and APC have the long inseams with APC at 35" and DH at 37" ...I also remember reading about someone compared the DH 19cm to the APC Cure (I think they are called the Narrow on the site now) and commenting that they wear almost identical as far as cut goes.

I remember reading something about how Hedi always like APC jeans before he did DH and he modeled the DH jeans after APC, or something like that. That makes sense as both DH and APC have the long inseams with APC at 35" and DH at 37" ...I also remember reading about someone compared the DH 19cm to the APC Cure (I think they are called the Narrow on the site now) and commenting that they wear almost identical as far as cut goes.

They're almost the same jeans, cure came out after the DH cut though...but his designs are indeed based on APC. Oh and the new collection is definitely aimed at women, there's a difference between androginy and feminity and this is the later...

Guest Fade to Black
i read somewhere that hedi wears apc new standards. dont take my word though.

in pictures of Hedi he was often wearing New Standards during the 'golden age' of DH when the brand wasn't really doing denim...after VOTC he's usually spotted wearing the orange overdyes or the black denim jeans. I think he's wearing the orange overdyes in that picture, due to the broken twill weave they stretch a lot so they naturally become anti-fit with repeated wear and no washing.

I think it's a solid collection, despite not being very progressive. It seems to be more of a retrospective of his work, i think what he's been pushing at DH seems to be exhausted of ideas, especially after S/S 05.

As for incorporating DH into my personal look, I've always preferred Hedi's 'creative director' look over the runway styling.

I also am not usually fan of the runway look with maybe a few exceptions such as S/S 05. I usually like most pieces from the collections but have different ideas on how to put them together.