Sugar Cane 1947s from HistoryPreserv...

Shorty Long

Am I correct in thinking that the only length available, no matter what waist size you get, is 36"? That means that they would be 38" long prewash!!! I don't mind a cuff while I'm waiting for my jeans to fully shrink, but these would never shrink up to the 30" I wear. Hemming is an option, but I remember reading that you shouldn't shorten your jeans by more than 2".

Any shorter people out there have any experience with getting these jeans from HistoryPreservation?

Thanks

I'm 6'2" but even though when I got my 'Canes they were dragging on the floor. I was somewhat concerned. Would they actually shrink down enough? Well they did. Fortunately, I like all my trousers to break full at the bottom, not ridiculously so, but still full. I can wear these denims during a rain and they don't touch the ground; there's about an inch between the hem and the sidewalk, and since I usually wear boots, it's not a problem.

I don't think nonsanforized jeans move the whiskers that much when they shrink. Normally, the total shrinkage lengthwise is 2 inches. If you're talking about the creases on the back of the knee, then they will move up 1 inch or so. The creases up from there will barely change their places. That's because the shrinking is proportional. So, if the creases on the back of the knee are 6 inches tall, and they move up one inch, it won't make much difference.

Aside from the whiskers and honeycombs moving, the entire fit of the jeans changes. i like to wear my jeans so that they fit. I don't comprehend wearing jeans very baggy for 6 months then completely changing the fit of them by washing them. The fit difference is drastic. Two inches in the waist and 3 in the length? that's quite a change. The cold soak does not affect the color with jeans such as the canes. Looking back on my experiences with canes i would recommend a warm soak. This shrinks the jeans even more, making them fit nice and snug if you bought the right size.

yo CL you should still be able to soak them.

Quote:

Yeah, CL, when you put them on weren't they way too long at the bottom? Or do you not mind really big cuffs? First thing I did was soak mine. I had to.

--- Original message by Edge_Of_Denim on Jan 6, 2006 06:38 AM

Yo,

I dont really care about the cuff... just scared that my honeycombs and whiskers are gonna be fucked up if i dont soak em.

Ah! I'm scared to put my jeans in water!