motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

i have been wondering when sufu will discover bratstyle... maybe if you guys get into it you could proxy me some parts for my xs650?

After I finish my current project, move back to main land USA, I think i'm going to try and find an old Yamaha or Honda and make it my next project.

I'm really digging this XS 650. Any bike where the front end looks out of proportion to the rest of the bike really gets me going. Yeah, no brake. I wouldn't be hauling ass on one of these anyway. The pipes are short so this thing must be loud.

XS650_Chopper_004.jpg

There are more pictures on the Knuckle Buster blog.

Denim Phenom, no brakes?

You mean not even a rear brake?

No front brake. The back has a drum brake so you really have to watch your speed.

I don't know of any shops off hand that build bikes like those at Wrench Monkees but the Choppahead dudes might be able to. They build mostly stretch Triumph bikes but may be interested in doing something like that.

http://www.choppahead.com/set.html?index.html

From the looks of it, those bikes seem like they would be easy to build. Find yourself a good donor bike and go from there. It doesn't look like the frames are being heavily modified.

Looks like the seat is being replaced, different wheels/tires, some powder coat here and there, the sheetmetal looks totally custom and upgrades to the brakes.

It would be way cheaper than the bike you wanted from Zero Engineering.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's some photos from some of Heiwa's recent work..

They're a chop shop in Hiroshima that specializes in small vintage Japanese motorcycles, really clean work with an amazing aesthetic.

cd250u001_1.jpg

cb250rs001_1.jpg

cl001_1.jpg

ajs001_3.jpg

t110_0.jpg

nx001_1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I rock a full face. Motorcycling is an inherently very dangerous hobby, so you might as well take every precaution. My jacket also has some armor built into the elbows. Good, tough boots and a pair of gloves are also recommended.

For once in your life, forget about looking cool and take steps to protect yourself. IMO there's nothing more retarded then motorcycling without proper PPE.

Holy fucking shit..

If you're even slightly into bikes, check this shit out.

Dude just won the world championship for freestyle motorcycle riding: