motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

^Thanks.... BTW that R1 looks sick Jemook!

Thanks Jon, love your R6 too. Was gonna get an 07 as well but when I saw the colour of the R1 I impulse purchased it.. Haven't regretted that decision for a second!! I'm in love. Going to Eastern Creek raceway this Sunday, can't wait. Will post up some pics after.. Enjoy the ride man, she's a stunner.

• 2 weeks later...

watch your penises, motoheads:

A Croatian motorbiker will be praying that the old adage 'lightning never strikes twice' rings true.

Unlucky Ante Djindjic, 29, from Zagreb was knocked unconscious when lightning struck his penis during a quick roadside toilet break.

Djindjic said: "I don't remember what happened. One minute I was taking a leak and the next thing I knew I was in hospital.

"Doctors said the lightning went through my body and because I was wearing rubber boots it earthed itself through my penis."

Djindjic escaped relatively unscathed from the incident, suffering only light burns to his chest and arms.

He said: "Thankfully, the doctors said that there would be no lasting effects, and my penis will function normally eventually."

http://www.metro.co.uk/weird/article.html?in_article_id=67375&in_page_id=2

This is essentially what i'm saving up for...

Check out the Buzz Rickson sticker on the tank.. so funny.

buzz_001.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Which exact model is this Harley? and that fatboy above is nice too.

Looks like the Night Train with some swap outs. The tank badge and blacked out engine parts come from the Night Train. The sheet metal was probably an after market purchase, the seat looks like it came off a Deluxe, and the springer front end probably came off a Heritage Springer. The 2 into 1 exhaust is another after market product or it could be from the heritage as well. Harley puts Dual fish tail exhaust on some of their bikes but they aren't true duals. Most of the exhaust on the left side of the bike doesn't work and is there for looks.

The apes don't fit the bike. Blacking out a bike looks cool but there isn't any real thought behind it.

This is essentially what i'm saving up for...

Check out the Buzz Rickson sticker on the tank.. so funny.

buzz_001.jpg

Kiya, if you're saving up for a bike like that you may be for awhile. Custom bikes aren't cheap as i'm sure you know.

I would go with a bike that has a Shovel or panhead motor in it. They cost a little more but S&S makes Shovel and Panhead motors so you won't get one that leaks. Evolution motors aren't bad but for that classic style you should go with something earlier.

A front tire without a fender is going to have one hell of a rooster tail. The bike i'm building won't have a front fender so i'll try and avoid riding on rainy days.

I started tearing down my 1994 Springer Softail a few months ago. A few weekends of taking parts off before I got to where I am now. These pictures show the process of tearing down and once I starting putting it back together i'll post those as well.

I bought a Kraftech 30 degree, no rake/stretch hardtail frame through a local bike shop. Custom Chrome is a great catalogue to purchase through because they don't charge shipping. I totally understand how shitty it's going to be to ride but it's going to look cool as hell. I bought a chopper shox seat kit so that should soften the ride enough to where I can stand riding it on the Hawaii road system.

I decided to go with drag bars after seeing how they looked. I bought these, 12" and 16" apes. I also bought a set of brass grips, foot pegs, and knobs to match the gold that I'm having the frame powder coated.

progress1.jpg

I was initially just going to chop the rear struts off and then bolt a fender to the swing arm. This way I could slam the fender to the tire and not have to worry about bottoming out and ruining my back end.

progress2.jpg

I took the tires off because I bought new brake rotors and still need to put them on. I decided to switch to a chain drive to allow for more clearance in the back even though i'm keeping the stock 130mm tire. Big fat tires can suck it, they are hideous. Anything over 200mm is pushing it.

progress3.jpg

That motor was a bitch to get out.

progress4.jpg

This is what the frame looked like after it was totally gutted. Now the process of building begins.

progress5.jpg

Looks like the Night Train with some swap outs. The tank badge and blacked out engine parts come from the Night Train. The sheet metal was probably an after market purchase, the seat looks like it came off a Deluxe, and the springer front end probably came off a Heritage Springer. The 2 into 1 exhaust is another after market product or it could be from the heritage as well. Harley puts Dual fish tail exhaust on some of their bikes but they aren't true duals. Most of the exhaust on the left side of the bike doesn't work and is there for looks.

The apes don't fit the bike. Blacking out a bike looks cool but there isn't any real thought behind it.

thanks for the info. would rep but need to spread.

killer looking but I hope you don't plan on riding it more than 30 miles :P
Agreed, listen to the interviews on your Easy Rider DVD before jumping on a bike like that.

Sure is awesome, though.

its got springs on the seat yeh sissies :P

Which exact model is this Harley? and that fatboy above is nice too.

Kiya, if you're saving up for a bike like that you may be for awhile. Custom bikes aren't cheap as i'm sure you know.

I would go with a bike that has a Shovel or panhead motor in it. They cost a little more but S&S makes Shovel and Panhead motors so you won't get one that leaks. Evolution motors aren't bad but for that classic style you should go with something earlier.

A front tire without a fender is going to have one hell of a rooster tail. The bike i'm building won't have a front fender so i'll try and avoid riding on rainy days.

^just took all the words right out of my mouth