motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

it is the stock seat. looks pretty good and is mad comfy. ditch the seat cowl and bolts, save 1 lb lol

i was a fan of the street triple and had trouble deciding between that and my monster 696. if you like middleweight nakeds i'd look in to the mv agusta brutale 675, also runs a three cylinder

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/11/brutale-675.jpg

i don't even know if i want another bike.

if i get another one, it's gonna be a triumph. either the 675R or the street triple.

damn dude, i was so fuckin tired from the heat and walk i didnt even get to enjoy the bikes much... the molding of max's tank is fuckin sick... being in the bay and seeing max and jasin phares' stuff makes me want to frisco the shit outta my bike, someday

• 2 weeks later...

i've been down in the rain

guy turning right kept inching so i decided not to run the yellow. bike fishtailed, saved it, then it fishtailed again and i was down. i was only 2 km away from home but it still took like an hour to walk that shit back (clutch lever and shift lever were gone)

i was wearing my balenciaga denim and it came out unscathed  B)

this was my first time i laid my bike down, was going like 15mph (frontside, broke fall with right hand):

photo-2-3.jpg
photo-1-2.jpg
just laid down the 550 on a patch of gravel. locked up the front wheel while braking :( banged up my hand pretty good. time for a small rebuild. i was only 20 yards from my house and was just zipping around to test for exhaust leaks, poor excuse for not having my gloves and jacket on, i am a DUMMY!

broke my master cylinder, tore up my fresh thermal header wrap, kinked my brand new motion pro throttle cable, bent my right rear set, dented my tank pretty good, and fucked up my points cover.

the pics were after i scrubbed the shit out of my wounds. stung real good. i hope it doesn't get infected. and my wrist feels funny. hope i didn't break it.

last mothers day i laid it down again, a really hard front side crash going about 40mph, but was fully geared up in horse hide and boots, gloves and helmet and SDA jeans.  was riding one handed holding a bouquet of flowers and hit a pavement bump that transitions from a bridge to the road.  SUCKED.  i haven't ridden since but i'm fixing to put her back together this fall (too busy right now). only fractured my thumb.  

front side crashes are way worse that back side (i think i have that right....?)

backside: tail slides out during turn, lower impact fall and you get skidded across the ground

frontside: imagine getting the front wobbles and steering gets cranked to one side and you get slammed down 

btw, i think i keep front siding, because i'm short and i lowered the front of my bike, and didn't adjust the rear suspension.  because of that, i don't have much of a rake on the front forks, and less rake means less auto straitening while in motion. (don't know the technical terms) i have a steering dampener i wanted to instal too, but i just really need to just get my suspension tuned.    front wobbles are scary!

Edited by hailxenu

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went down a few months ago riding in the midnight rain.

Must have hit some oil on a bend. The rear went down followed by the front then me. The area I fell was so slippery that it took myself and two other people to push the bike off the road. Fortunately, only some road rash, sprained ankle, and a concussion.

New respect for the wet road though...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently.... just switched from my shitty springer to og front end... need a new tire, thinking bout painting the front rim black to match the rear

tumblr_n19vq3OmY31qzscqpo1_500.jpg

Also, picking this up this weekend... $650... not running, not titled, but out of the system w/ bill of sale.. anyone titled a bike this way before?

00606_dETLQ0ejM1C_600x450.jpg

• 2 months later...