motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

Haven't checked into this thread in a while. Here's what I've been up to:

Started on this one about 2 years ago, just wrapping up.

Noodles - beautiful work! Really like the attention to detail. Also dig the BMW

Look what's patiently waiting for me in my garage. Straight up trade for my Evo. I'm still in shock.

1980 hardtailed rebuilt hotrod shovelhead

I'll get better pictures when I get home in a week.

The seat, sissy bar, headlight, and exhaust are already on my to be sold list. I'm going to put stainless bars on there like whatever is currently in the risers. 19" front wheel with mechanical brake, 18" rear wheel with juice brake. 1 1/2 open primary, foot clutch/hand shift. The only thing I don't like is the hardtail. If I had the time and money i'd have the axle plates replaced with the repop ones that look OEM. I want to get this thing done by Born Free 4.

IMG_3237.jpg

Mother fuck. Are you kidding me? That's insane! If I ever own a harley, which i probably won't. It'll be a shovel or an ironhead. That thing is gorgeous? I thought wifey banned you from bikedom no?

Look what's patiently waiting for me in my garage. Straight up trade for my Evo. I'm still in shock.

1980 hardtailed rebuilt hotrod shovelhead

I'll get better pictures when I get home in a week.

The seat, sissy bar, headlight, and exhaust are already on my to be sold list. I'm going to put stainless bars on there like whatever is currently in the risers. 19" front wheel with mechanical brake, 18" rear wheel with juice brake. 1 1/2 open primary, foot clutch/hand shift. The only thing I don't like is the hardtail. If I had the time and money i'd have the axle plates replaced with the repop ones that look OEM. I want to get this thing done by Born Free 4.

IMG_3237.jpg

Mother fuck. Are you kidding me? That's insane! If I ever own a harley, which i probably won't. It'll be a shovel or an ironhead. That thing is gorgeous? I thought wifey banned you from bikedom no?

She did but then I basically told her that it was a deal I wasn't going to pass up.

The bike is completely apart now since I wanted to inspect the frame and start from the ground up. That I could know exactly what I was working with. The oil tank has a small dent and so does the gas tank. Kinda bummed.

Early morning ride to work resulted in the low side crash and 2 hairline wrist fractures looks like I'll be out for six weeks. Ffffuiuuuuuuu

FUGGG. sorry to hear mane. my high side crash from june has my wrist still fucked up now. when i ride (clip on bars) my wrist will ache for 2 days after still. :(

hope a speedy recovery for you.

Early morning ride to work resulted in the low side crash and 2 hairline wrist fractures looks like I'll be out for six weeks. Ffffuiuuuuuuu

Shitty deal Renski. How'd you go down? wet road? cold tires?

get well soon renski! i went down earlier this year broke the base of my thumb metacarpal, more or less 100% now thankfully

went for a night ride just now. damn Canada, just about time to put it away for winter :(

fingertips were freezing through gloves + silk glove liners. thinking of putting handguards on the monster next fall to hopefully cut some of that wind

6317238656_86994fa879_z.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So the monday before Thanksgiving, I was on my way to school when I seem to be stuck in neutral even though I try every single gear. Thinking my clutch is fucked, I look down and find my cush drive hanging off my axle, my sprocket nowhere to be found and my chain just spinning endlessly.

Don't know how the axle nut managed to loosen itself since I had ridden the night before with no problems whatsoever. Spent the last hour picking up bits and pieces of my bikes for a 2 block stretch. Luckily I found the sprocket and it's in decent condition although it must have rolled down the hill since I found it in somebody's garden.

The chain managed to gouge a chunk of tire but the tire is okay for the most part. I've ordered all the parts circled here.

3LgM9.jpg

The locknut, part# 19, must have loosened itself since that's the piece that keeps everything together. I haven't found it yet so I'm assuming it's gone forever. I've never touched that locknut since I bought the bike but looking at the axle where it threaded on, there are the remains of red loctite so vibrating off seems almost out of the question. I thought at first maybe somebody loosened it last night outside my friend's house (mildly shady neighborhood), but it's a 46mm nut so I doubt somebody was just walking around with anything big enough to budge it.

The only real warning I got was as if I had a false neutral, my RPMs shot up and a lot of clacking that sounded much like the worn clutch basket on my late 1982 Honda CB750F. However, the clacking probably came from the chain just looping around the front sprocket and hitting the chain guard. There seem to be a few bits and pieces missing here and there as the diagram above depicts. I figured I would order the seals and collars because I have the bearing for the sprocket hub and I think the collar as well. The eccentric hub has a circlip which kept everything on from the cush drive back.

Besides picking up bits and pieces off the road, I had to push my bike back home which included going down and up a valley that had a 20% grade. I thought pushing a scooter uphill sucked until this. I literally stopped halfway up, parked the bike against the curb and walked home to take a break before coming back and pushing it the rest of the way.

content:

lkuA6.jpg

yes fat chickenscraps but if you have none while riding in SF, I will gladly buy you a beer.

0otWr.jpg

and what I was able to salvage..

VGgWs.jpg

thats crazy, that sucks.

on another shitty note, my bike got dropped twice in the last week because of my shitty kickstand. ughhhhh,i bent the shit outta my brake lever today.

is there anything else I should look for whenever the bike drops from a stationary position?