motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

I just got back Friday from this trip flying out to go buy a SV650 in Eugene OR and riding it back to Minneapolis.

http://tinyurl.com/3qbxwfc

Here's the start of my blog for the trip. There's 9 Days in total and I still need to write the wrap up.

http://whyisyourlastnamewong.tumblr.com/post/8826983954/first-day-of-the-reverse-oregon-trail

One of the best experiences of my life.

Damn nice blog. Good photos too. I'm hoping to do a tour soon but am awaiting a more reliable bike.

Are you on SA?

and how's that helmet holding up?

Sweet, no question do something similar if the trips scenic.

Yeah I'm on SA and the helmets still awesome but spooky with the mirror visor at night as you might have read. :D

I wish but not this time around. In a couple years I will.

That is where I am at right now. I think I am going to sell my bike in the spring and hopefully have a new project next fall. I promised my wife I would not start on anything new until we buy a place to live.

I just got back Friday from this trip flying out to go buy a SV650 in Eugene OR and riding it back to Minneapolis.

http://tinyurl.com/3qbxwfc

Here's the start of my blog for the trip. There's 9 Days in total and I still need to write the wrap up.

http://whyisyourlastnamewong.tumblr.com/post/8826983954/first-day-of-the-reverse-oregon-trail

One of the best experiences of my life.

<3 the sv650 . blog is great

See, my wife won't let me start another one because she hates the idea of me spending money on another bike. Whatever.

for us it is more of a space issue. Our Garage now is small and is taken up by my GTI. And my current motorcycle (which I don't really care that much about) is in my carport with my wife's car. Once we have a 2 car garage and a driveway things will be different.

x post from the leather threads - thought some in here might want to see too...

The next is something I picked up...some goldtop leather motorcycle gloves. Obviously as you can see by modern standards that offer very little protection to hands, but they fit me perfectly, and almost feel like you aren't wearing any gloves at all...

top.jpg

topcomp.jpg

goldtop.jpg

insidehand.jpg

thumb.jpg

outsidehand.jpg

detail of the 'NEWEY' zipper

zipper.jpg

and in situ with 60's Everoak...

evgt.jpg

This guy isn't married.

Am married, was joking. Please don't tell my wife I wrote that!...

^Deadpan, digging the style! IMO leather gloves are better protection than no gloves! What kind of helmet is that?

Am married, was joking. Please don't tell my wife I wrote that!...

^Deadpan, digging the style! IMO leather gloves are better protection than no gloves! What kind of helmet is that?

The helmet is a late 50's/ 60's Everoak Racemaster/ Clubmaster (much much smaller than the profile of a Davida, and - although it fits me like a glove - I would guess offers a lot less protection than one as well. Does look cool though, and is technically still legal in the UK due to it having a British Standards Kite mark (such a design would never pass the current tests)

Hey guys, ed is on chop cult now and guess what, he's already lowballing everyone and pulling his "how much shipped to here" bullshit. I wish he would go away.

I'm just going to message every dude he tries buying something from to when them. And to let them know he's got the money to pay top dollar.

Ed, I know you're reading this. Watch out.

Ha. What a chud.

In other moto news, hopped on a buddy's 94 vfr750 over the weekend. Honda 4's have zero soul but damn are they fast.

Thinking about picking up a 1990 VFR750 pretty soon. The CB550 isn't reliable enough to be a back up bike anymore. 1990 to 1997 weren't all that different even though they were 90-93 is 3rd gen and 94-97 the 4th gen. Only problem is the mileage, 104k miles

For $1600,

-Two Brothers full exhaust system

-Front forks have Racetech gold valves & springs

-Bitubo rear shock; although I will have to get this resprung

-4th gen front wheel

-sunstar steel sprockets and RK X ring chain; stock ratio

Rebuilt at 60k, sprockets and chain done at 90k, new regulator/rectifier/wiring harness 2k miles ago

Also have the OE tool kit, clymer manual, LP rear stand, and another set of forks with Racetech gold valves. Seems to me that it's been pretty well taken care of. 4th owner but they were all friends I think...

n534659839_284814_8510.jpg

IPgVZ.jpg

XkglC.jpg

have you tried turning the idle screw up? it should be a knob somewhere on the carburetors, maybe on the bottom?

edit:

first things i do is change the oil and filter. just order it from your local Honda dealership and i like Honda gn4. synthetics tend to loosen up gunk in the oil pan and leak a bit more.

then get your battery sorted, new spark plugs, and adjust your chain, it's pretty easy http://tinyurl.com/3sgn53t

then tires cause usually they're old as shit. do not be afraid to get a new chain and sprocket as you'll be surprised how much smoother it is.

By the way, that's a fucking steal. Get that shit, reroute the pipe for something that shows off the sssa and ride it like you stole it.

Thinking about picking up a 1990 VFR750 pretty soon. The CB550 isn't reliable enough to be a back up bike anymore. 1990 to 1997 weren't all that different even though they were 90-93 is 3rd gen and 94-97 the 4th gen. Only problem is the mileage, 104k miles

For $1600,

-Two Brothers full exhaust system

-Front forks have Racetech gold valves & springs

-Bitubo rear shock; although I will have to get this resprung

-4th gen front wheel

-sunstar steel sprockets and RK X ring chain; stock ratio

Rebuilt at 60k, sprockets and chain done at 90k, new regulator/rectifier/wiring harness 2k miles ago

Also have the OE tool kit, clymer manual, LP rear stand, and another set of forks with Racetech gold valves. Seems to me that it's been pretty well taken care of. 4th owner but they were all friends I think...

n534659839_284814_8510.jpg

IPgVZ.jpg

XkglC.jpg