motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yeah they're obscene. I have very little experience on bikes with that kind of power to weight ratio so it seemed even more mental to me than it would have to someone with experience on litre bikes or similar.

i don't think i'd ever actually own one but it was fun to hit the freeway and suddenly be doing a billion kilometres an hour.

and the noise. dear god the noiseurghleoejrnaf

Here's my ride in "getting there" state. Fenders and a new box section swingarm off a 1990 Radian are heading to the powdercoaters for some gloss black some time in the near future.

8105520330_4dbaf13862_c.jpg

Oh, and these lovely 79 Öhlins beauties are being rebuilt, revalved, and resprung for their new owner.

8194018706_bbf6839a42_c.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

ordered a custom full system for my Monster 696 back in September, finally received it recently!

wasn’t really happy with available options so I went custom with this company in Italy (FF by Fresco)

8350879206_7bbde94999_z.jpg

8349818363_834feb9bc9_z.jpg

full titanium pipes + cans 1mm thickness; 2-1-2 single sided low mount. weld quality and finish isn’t the greatest but I don’t really care tbh

the full system weighs 4205 g (9.27 lbs); excited to see how much weight savings compared to the stock 2-1-2 double sided high mount stainless with aluminum cans. sadly that’s gonna have to wait until spring cuz it’s too fucking cold :(

since the baffles are only 115g each, don’t really care to take em out for weight savings only; but it’s the difference between 30 mm and 50 mm exit diameter (stock system is also 30 mm). i'll see if it is worth going deaf

also bought the first of many titanium bolts, and some magnetic parts trays for working on the car/bike. no more using those blue plastic bins that half pint mushrooms come in lol

• 2 weeks later...

ya ghetto wrapped it so I can ride it around inn the meantime... but gonna refoam and get it upholstered right when I get the money, the seat pan is the only thing I'm happy with right now

Next question.. anyone know of some eye-to-clevis shocks shorter than the 11.4" ones that are everywhere?

If not gonna pick these up, unless anyone has anything bad to say about the company/product

http://www.cyclexchange.net/Frame%20Page.htm (about mid page)

Black-Black-Shorty-Shocks.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...