motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

From this:

6103853036_7d29b03936_b.jpg

To this:

7749875076_0fd38be4c6_c.jpg

Still have a bunch of shitty, piddling, little parts to get together (rotor nut locking tabs, spacers, throttle assembly/cable, headlight brackets, blahblahblah) and what may be a slightly major issue with the new front end's rake... But man does it feel good to see it standing on it's own two legs again.

Edited by JackCrank

Nice bike jack! Surprised you didn't put single seat cowl and large circular light.

Debating on getting another bike for more "spirited" highway rides. The wr250x is pretty dull past 75 mph. Not sure if a ninja 250 is worth it or I should just buy something in the 600cc range.

It's not done yet. But either way I don't see it ever being a single seater. Going to trim down the foam and the subframe eventually to give it a cleaner line. But fuck the single man. Also, I don't have any light up front yet because I need new fucking brackets. Fucking piddling little parts. Goddamnit.

Just go with a 600 man, that little 250 is great for what it does but a bigger bike will be nicer for slogs on the highway.

Nice bike jack! Surprised you didn't put single seat cowl and large circular light.

Debating on getting another bike for more "spirited" highway rides. The wr250x is pretty dull past 75 mph. Not sure if a ninja 250 is worth it or I should just buy something in the 600cc range.

Edited by JackCrank

^^^ jump straight onto a liter bike man, you won't regret it (you might in the few milliseconds before you faceplant into the curb)

but seriously, i wouldn't see the point in owning multiple 250s - that being said, if you're shopping for a new bike just go and test a bunch of different ones and see what you like. if all you've ridden is a 250 roadtrail up to this point then a bigger bike will blow you away. have fun :)

^ my experience with liter bikes is small however my friend let me ride his gsxr1000 and all I can say is "goddamn" I couldn't tell I was going fast until it felt like the fairings were shaking. The only thing I felt ok sitting on liter wise has been the z1000.

I was thinking of doing something like that actually. I fabbed up a hidden electrics pan for my old bike and headlight ears would be about the same as that. Just gotta find some metal lying around. I'm so stupidly fucking broke these days that I'm literally begging for scraps.

Got the new throttle body/cable on last night. Revs really nicely with the new carb/air filter setup. Thank fucking god. I'll probably have to rework the jets at some point but thankfully not right now.

7749875076_0fd38be4c6_c.jpg

I liked it a lot more in it's original form. Mainly because that new front wheel looks tiny and kind of out of place. Looks like such a fun bike to ride though..

And exteeng just got a new bike so no more Honda Hawk GT. Instead, a Honda CB-1 with 400cc of liquid cooled inline four fury with a 14k redline :)

86C6p.jpg?1

All the Hondas in my garage are now in good running order with good tires, good chains, etc.

From right to left: 1990 Honda VFR750F, 1990 Honda CB-1, and 1976 Honda CB550K. Sorry for the blurry photo but I haven't had a chance to pull them all out while it's sunny.

Edited by Evilcrayon

• 2 weeks later...

finally put enough time in riding to make sure I was about this, and scheduled my M1 class for this weekend. Got a long term loaner bike from my Uncle, a 78 (I think?) Honda Hawk...in insane condition to ride until I figure out what I want. Might keep on this thing for a while actually. Prob gonna be asking tons of noob questions up in this thread.

I couldn't give a toss about motorcycle racing, but the Isle of Man TT is different

"It takes serious skill, serious dedication and a huge lack of regard for your own safety to race the TT.  I couldn't do it. I don't know anyone who could."

http://www.youtube.c...YB7fk8eg?

Edited by Canuk