motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

Fuck man, never seen that one before. That an NT650? Ever heard of that happening to other Hawks?

It was on my VFR750. Just received all the parts but it's the middle of finals so it'll have to wait. About to install a new fuel pump in the NT650 as well.

As far as dropping your bike, check your turn signals, levers, your bar ends and forks to make sure they're not tweaked. And as you posted, cut it and re-weld it. If you're really in a pinch, take off the kickstand and just bend it so that it isn't quite so vertical.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

is that a triumph? it's hard to see

did some work on my chop today. I had recently rejetted my carburetors so I've been doing some fine tuning. I felt that my low and mid range power seemed to be slacking a bit so I decided to raise the needle up a notch to get it a bit richer. Running a bit better but I still think I can go up on my main jets and probably everything else.

I also started finalizing my rear fender design and came up with a cardboard template. Will take a trip over to the scrap yard tomorrow to try to find some aluminum to use for it.

ry7wp.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh rear tire needs to be changed. Then again I'm surprised the bt090 lasted this long. Now I have a hard time deciding between pilot powers and the bt003rs.

Have you looked into the Pilot Road 3? Mine have lasted forever on the VFR and don't even look close to wearing down. The first day I got my rear on, it was raining and I managed to do a rolling burnout for a block in front of another rider. I am such an asshole.

The CB550 is going under the knife next week. Need to do another valve adjustment and check the cam chain tension. It's sad that it doesn't get ridden more often but the VFR is a dream. I've ridden plenty of bikes that felt faster and had neck snapping acceleration but the VFR is so goddamn fast and smooth from 3k to redline that I am actually going a constant 10mph faster on average. Getting my suspension sorted this coming week. My fork seal started leaking but thankfully I have an extra set of forks that have been set up with Racetech springs and gold valves.

same thing i think about doing the ton on my cb550 as well. shit is gonna break! its cool because i think from teh factory our bikes top speed is rated under 100mph, so i gotta be doing something right with my jets and pipes and shit.

Posted · Hidden by n00dles, March 28, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by n00dles, March 28, 2012 - No reason given

Great seeing everyones photos in the thread. Got my airhead back together and out for a few shakedown rides. 250+ miles thus far, mostly commuting. Debating powdercoating the wheels satin black or polishing 'em up for the Continental TKC's.

6997228337_b090fed7bd_z.jpg

Pulled another one out of a barn with my dad to wrench on. '65 /2. This one will be a long-term project.

6316308693_37e648e470_z.jpg

Ride safe everyone.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

pretty awesome that you would come back to post that.

that thread reminds me that I have to take my mc driving test but I have to go back to France for that because I already have a french car driving license and don't want to start anew. Early next year I hope.

Reminds me i need to get a mc driver's license. Will be super expensive though. My regular driver's license cost me well over 1500€, and i'm sure an mc license will cost me just as much, if not even more. Add the cost of a decent bike to that, as well as a ridiculously high insurance (probably 300€ a month because of my age and where i live).

I might just get the license in tenerife (where i live part time), but i'm not sure if they'll let me do the written exam in english.

• 4 weeks later...