motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yyvIveKaC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yyvIveKaC4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

on another note, i wanted to buy an aprilia sr50 and came across one for $1k. However, It's a 2002. with 10k miles. Never had experience with Aprilia's scooters...

Looking to pick up a new helmet. Feelin those Biltwells (especially the colour options) but if I'm gonna wear a helmet I'd like it to be DOT and protect me if I do go down.

The Bell Custom 500 looks like a good alternative. Apparently it's not mushroom status either. Really digging the orange flake... should look killer with some pinstripes.

4523912282_7ed1b4573e.jpg

Right now I'm between the Bell and Fulmer V2. Anyone have either of these?

Looking to pick up a new helmet. Feelin those Biltwells (especially the colour options) but if I'm gonna wear a helmet I'd like it to be DOT and protect me if I do go down.

The Bell Custom 500 looks like a good alternative. Apparently it's not mushroom status either. Really digging the orange flake... should look killer with some pinstripes.

4523912282_7ed1b4573e.jpg

Right now I'm between the Bell and Fulmer V2. Anyone have either of these?

http://www.tachibana-helmet.com/index.html

001.jpg

Been wanting this forever...

Thanks DP, that's what I was afraid of. The Fulmer is quite a bit cheaper than the Bell, but oh well. I will prolly give the Bell a try if I can get a hold of one. I'll report back and let you guys know.

That helmet looks great Bobby, but too much monies for me.

Been hounding craigslist all week for a new bike. Gonna throw mine up there once I find something.

That Orange Bell 500 helmet looks sick!

Had a bit of fun photoshopping the 1098s to include some of the mods I'll be making in the next few months.

1098R-rhs-copy.jpg

Competition Werkes GP Exhaust

Carbon Fibre Nose Fairing

Carbon Fibre Belly Pan

Carbon Fibre 22L Tank

Shinobi Pro Red Pressure Plate

Twin HID Light Conversion

• 2 weeks later...

found a listing for this bike on CL. $2000. gonna check it out wednesday. i still want an Iron 883 but its gonna be a while before i can buy one. plus i think its better i start off with a smaller bike.

honda rebel 250

3k53me3oe5Y65W55P4a5i1fa2fb02ca2c157e.jpg

3n03o23l55T45R55S1a5i563a5f4684f71c44.jpg

3n33kf3o55O65Y45X6a5i492f0c53804f1f6e.jpg

Dude, you have GOT to buy that thing.

That would be a very fun bike and a great bike to start out on.

How much for the faux-Native American chick?

ADDIC, where in CA are you located? I just decided to sell my '81 Honda cb750 if you're at all interested in checking it out, I'm in East Palo Alto

CL ad here: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/1793141603.html.

In any case, Honda's are great to learn to ride and wrench on, you'll probably want to get a bigger bike super quick after riding that 250.

I saw that ad this morning and was tempted but then found out it was a K model. and that I also have an 82 CB750F that I'm still working on.

You wouldn't happen to have an extra engine lying around...?

Kiya - Faux-native chick is a freebie, keep that in the boner file for later. Bought some jeans from your store over the weekend since I was up at Charlie's Place getting parts.

Crayon - no engines laying around my man, barley have enough space to work on this single bike at my apt. What are you doing with your 750?

ADDIC, where in CA are you located? I just decided to sell my '81 Honda cb750 if you're at all interested in checking it out, I'm in East Palo Alto

CL ad here: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/mcy/1793141603.html.

In any case, Honda's are great to learn to ride and wrench on, you'll probably want to get a bigger bike super quick after riding that 250.

Stanton, near Anaheim. I'm kinda already set on this bike. Alot of people say I'm gonna want a bigger bike, I most likely will but I want a good amount of riding experience before I go bigger. During the MSF course, my main problem was that I kept stalling. So I'm hoping to fix that.

Kiya - Faux-native chick is a freebie, keep that in the boner file for later. Bought some jeans from your store over the weekend since I was up at Charlie's Place getting parts.

Crayon - no engines laying around my man, barley have enough space to work on this single bike at my apt. What are you doing with your 750?

I sourced F2 wheels, new brake rotors front and rear, and new tires. I'm just thinking about going to 900cc.

MSF bikes are haggard as fuck and not tuned well at all. I had the same problem when I took the course and was mad discouraged, stalling like crazy. Bought a legit bike and it was a complete 180, haven't had a problem since.

Word, I was going to say the same thing. Don't get too discouraged. The bike I rode in the MSF was such a piece of shit. It literally would not shift into neutral. Had to hold the fucking clutch in the whole time between drills.

Alot of people say I'm gonna want a bigger bike, I most likely will but I want a good amount of riding experience before I go bigger. During the MSF course, my main problem was that I kept stalling. So I'm hoping to fix that.

Yeah don't worry about stalling, you will get over that really quick once you start riding more. The biggest thing is getting your shifting down going into corners

It's always better to start too small rather than too large. That thing will be lacking power once you get used to it, but if you have a budget, it will be great on gas (and insurance).