motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

30 mins, 2 hours tops.

And I dunno how to drive a car yet.

if you know how to drive a stick, it shouldn't take you more then 30 minutes to get comphy on a bike. it's easy.

All right, hopefully its easy for me as well.

Ducati does a really good job with their naked/cafe racer bikes. If I was able to get another bike I would consider getting one of the Monsters or the Sport Classics. One of the major things that I don't like about Ducati is that their aftermarket parts cost an arm and a leg.

The Triumph Thruxton isn't bad either but you'll get more power and speed out of a Ducati.

All right, hopefully its easy for me as well.

just keep this in mind.

1 down, 5 up.

First gear = step down on the leaver

2 gear = raise leaver with foot

It's difficult to explain that over the interwebz but basically that is the principle.

NP. It was, it is the cardinal "theory" of driving M T bikes...

And another thing to keep in mind...

The power of the bike is not on the accelerator but on the gears and shifting.

Have fun mate I hope you learn quick and not endup muking the bike up.

Westbrook is that the KRX or something like that?

That is one fine machine. Just looking at it gives me a hard on. (no machino)

Just one thing off about it, the lack of mags...

i want one of these in the worst way

1.jpg

a guy i know just took off on a 10,000 mile trip to alaska on one. perfect dual purpose, go anywhere bike.

im lookin at getting one of those in the not so near future. it'll be a process tho, i dont even have a license for motorcycles

well.. he did say "not so near" future... haha could be quite a while away

yah...

i wouldnt buy a bike like that just so i can lay it down..

thats gonna be your first bike? wow.

If that would be his first bike. Im very affraid for the bike. It's gonna get so banged up like a $20 back alley crack hoe.

Rockon99,

not to challenge your likes or whatever but if I were you, Id first learn the ropes of bikes by familiarizing one's self to something like a 400cc bike.... then when you think you're ready. Go crazy on them 1000+cc bikes...

If that would be his first bike. Im very affraid for the bike. It's gonna get so banged up like a $20 back alley crack hoe.

Rockon99,

not to challenge your likes or whatever but if I were you, Id first learn the ropes of bikes by familiarizing one's self to something like a 400cc bike.... then when you think you're ready. Go crazy on them 1000+cc bikes...

Actually I've met a few people that bought that and the 600 as a first bike, and they all reckon it's pretty ideal. The 1200 is heavy, but really manouverable. The new 800 is amazing:

BMW20F800GS2013.jpg

thats gonna be your first bike? wow.
well.. he did say "not so near" future... haha could be quite a while away
yah...

Rockon99,

If you watch long way round/down, and see how many times Ewan 'lays his down' you'll see they survive pretty well. One could argue that they are designed for rough treatment. Besides, just buy what you wanna buy since it's your money.;)

Actually I've met a few people that bought that and the 600 as a first bike, and they all reckon it's pretty ideal. The 1200 is heavy, but really manouverable. The new 800 is amazing:

BMW20F800GS2013.jpg

I wonder where do you put the sliders on those? So if ever you drop it, you don't fuck it up as much.

deadpan,

from the adverts I saw they often drop it in the sand... So I reckon they wouldn't get much damaged like compared to say in the freeway or just plain concrete streets...

If you watch long way round/down, and see how many times Ewan 'lays his down' you'll see they survive pretty well. One could argue that they are designed for rough treatment. Besides, just buy what you wanna buy since it's your money.;)

from the adverts I saw they often drop it in the sand... So I reckon they wouldn't get much damaged like compared to say in the freeway or just plain concrete streets...

i have heard theyre very tough bikes. and i love that bmw (not this particular one) uses the boxer engine. i currently drive a subaru.. boxer power!