motorcycles caused me strife

wild style

The only down side to the R6 is you have to sacrifce posture because when you are riding it, your back has to like arch or what we commonly call here as turtlebacks....

Unlike other kinds of "superbikes" like the CB400 or the Suzuki Bandit, you are in a quite upright position....

high,

may I suggest a CBR 150

NewImage.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

It's got that "superbike"/streetbike feel pluss the fuel economy of an underbone scooter and it's not that big of a machine. Best of all, it isn't as expensive as an R6 or a CBR 400

Bohams is auctioning a sick collection of bikes. Check out the link and make sure you change results per page to 100 and enjoy some great and unique rides.

1927 Böhmerland 603cc Langtouren (my favorite bike ever)

erezqg3.jpg

Estimate: £24,000 - 28,000

1976 MV Agusta 750S America

erez1xo4.jpg

Estimate: £18,000 - 22,000

1980 Suzuki GSX1100 Katana Prototype

erez2tj7.jpg

Estimate: £7,000 - 8,000

1929 Neander P3 1

ereztn5.jpg

Estimate: £18,000 - 25,000

1952 Vincent 998cc Black Shadow

erez1mg5.jpg

Estimate: £22,000 - 28,000

My first bike was an '06 HD Deluxe. After that I bought a '06 R6. I sold my Harley in December, just recently sold my R6 and bought a '94 Springer Softail with the money. The bike will look totally different by the time i'm done with it.

I used my R6 as a commuter bike and it really wasn't that uncomfortable. Once you build up wrist strength it's all good, but then you'll have to do that with any sportbike that's a 600 or up.

I personally think GSX-Rs are nicer than R6s because they don't have turn signals hanging off the bodywork. Yamaha needs to get with it and integrate the front signals into the mirrors.

I do miss the horsepower of my R6 though. Oh well, wasn't really my style.

Here's the Deluxe when I first bought it,

IMG_0612.jpg

Here is what it looked like when I sold it,

IMG_1446.jpg

Apes made that bike much easier to handle, despite what everyone will tell you about apes. Just to dispell and rumors.

This is my Springer, which in a few months will look totally different.

IMG_17331.jpg

A picture of my R6 when I sold it.

IMG_1731.jpg

^^nice R6

Im taking the MSF in august (all classes booked till then) if im not still broke

Re: Honda 150... is that new??? forgive my ignorance...

The 250 ninja looks nice too... But so hard to find.. And everyone calls me a bitch for wanting to start small... So Gixxer 600 here I come

the MSF instructors will tell you too not to start on the gixxer. besides being a lot more power, they're a bitch to fix up after the bike goes down. and everyone drops a bike once... even if its because some stupid suv doesn't check to see if a parking spot is clear...

i doubt 250 ninjas are hard to find used in any major city. check craigslist. you may not find many of the newest redesigned model, but should be able to get a good deal.

the MSF instructors will tell you too not to start on the gixxer. besides being a lot more power, they're a bitch to fix up after the bike goes down. and everyone drops a bike once... even if its because some stupid suv doesn't check to see if a parking spot is clear...

i doubt 250 ninjas are hard to find used in any major city. check craigslist. you may not find many of the newest redesigned model, but should be able to get a good deal.

yea ive seen a few on craigslist... but theyre all above msrp... supply and demand :/

someone please explain to me the attraction to the ninja 250s? They seem underpowered and overstyled, like they should come with a pair of board shorts from pacific sunwear.

at least when i was looking for a starter bike, there were a bunch in Houston for well under $2k. plus they are kind of fun to zip around on for in city riding. the high end isnt there but its got enough torque to be interesting.

although, of all the typically suggested starter bikes i actually liked riding the suzuki sv650 most.

Dex_star, nah. no 2008... in general you don't get much of a good price drop until at least one riding season past release of a model. At least over here, one year old models not even past break-in mileage were going really low. Most posts i saw were students who were moving or people moving onto bigger bikes.

You may want to look for some local motorcycle forum too. Texas has twtex.com, and generally people on there take really good care of their bikes so the used condition is way above what you'd get on craigslist for same price.

polishmike, I am afraid to click that link because your post is already too beautiful.

those are pretty heavy bikes. i had a dohc 750, the sohc is probably lighter. this is my current bike i just picked up. plan on totally taking it apart this winter. i ordered a powder coating kit and got a free oven. going to do the cafe thing to it.

72 cl350

05-14-2008.jpg

awesome

I've been riding what i believe is a 72 cb350 for the past year after my uncle gave it to me. I've just been scrapping by with my permit but its about to expire so i'll probly take the course right at the end of august.

my gf on my bike

l_1162669238de32c71278407b447649be.jpg

My first motorcycle was my HD Deluxe. I had never spent a single minute on a bike and I bought one that cost $20,000. The hardest thing for me was shifting into 1st gear, from there it was smooth sailing. After I put the apes on the Deluxe was even easier to control. I can't wait to put some apes on my Springer!!

To be honest, get the bike you want and get used to it. A 600 has power but it has power that can be easily controlled. You could always go with a GSX-R 1000 because of the "mode" switch that changes the bikes horsepower rating from 118, 148, to 178. At least that was an option on the 2007 models, not sure about this year.

I've never been a fan of buying a small bike to get used to and then having to turn around and eventually sell it once you're ready for something bigger. Might as well start with what you want and master that.

That's just my opinion though.

Those are some nice cafe racers. I was thinking about getting the Triumph Thruxton at one point but that was just so I could turn it into a hardtail bobber.

a question for those who ride:

how long did it take you to actually know how ride a bike? my brother was teaching me a little bit on his GSX the other day and it was harder than i thought.

awesome

I've been riding what i believe is a 72 cb350 for the past year after my uncle gave it to me. I've just been scrapping by with my permit but its about to expire so i'll probly take the course right at the end of august.

my gf on my bike

l_1162669238de32c71278407b447649be.jpg

thats not a cb350, it's cl350, like mine. they have different exhaust, tank, bars and some other things

how long did it take you to actually know how ride a bike? my brother was teaching me a little bit on his GSX the other day and it was harder than i thought.

if you know how to drive a stick, it shouldn't take you more then 30 minutes to get comphy on a bike. it's easy.

30 mins, 2 hours tops.

And I dunno how to drive a car yet.

I'm looking to get this bike in the fall

NV61666_1.jpg

Ducati SportClassic GT 1000

You should ride one of these before you decide to buy.

2007 sport 1000s

2007ducatisport1000sbsmbk0.jpg

or

2006 Paul Smart

2006ducatipaulsmart1000fu9.jpg

I rode all of the Ducati sport classics and these we just so much better from the regular ones. I'm even willing to say that paul smart is the best bike I ever rode on and I rode almost everything available in US (best friend is a dealer). It was such an insane bike, very fast and with excellent handling but it had this extra spark, it felt dangerous at any speed. So much fun I didn't want to get off. This is definitely the only bike I would get now but i decided to live a little longer so no purchase till i'm 40.

2634765294_dba30d4910_o.jpg

1968 Triumph. 850cc race motor, belt driven ard magneto, whole bunch of goodies inside the motor. Still have some work to do on it. Shortening forks, different handlebars.

2633965651_6a80c6765d_o.jpg

My old 550