Post your DUCKS!

riff

Hm, well they're clearly a bit oversized. I didn't bring a measuring tape into the dressing room with me, but I'm generally a pretty standard 30, and I'd be a 29 or maybe even 28 in these. They seem to be kind of carrot-shaped - a lot of room up top compared to the leg-opening. An exaggerated 501 profile?

i own these.

these are really great!

fabric is fantastic.

the cut is a slim-straight.

matches very well with RW boots or chucks.

go for it moya!

ask Gordon at BiG. he will confirm it.

thanks for the info. Of course now that Im ready to jump on these my size sold out...oh well

2ewe0yo.jpg

cross posted from the waywt thread,

these are carhartt's "re-worked" by urban outfitters? I know...but I managed to scoop myself 3 pairs of these beauties for $15.00 each during some wild sale they were having. Typical carhartt materials and construction but slimmed down a bit, fitting similar to the ropers but with no buckle back and no selvedge. They do have the carpenter accents tho, and for $15 I really didn't give a shit what they fit like.

Garden variety grab-n-go arctic jacket. When new, the only thing that set it apart was that I sized it correctly. Carharrt is way off base with this. No wonder little dudes look so dumpy in them. I'm a 46-48 and I have to do a 40 in their sizing to get a fit.

This is its third winter and it will need a handwash this year.

carhartt.jpg

paul you are such a beast when it comes to the history behind our favorite fabrics. thanks for all of this info, it really is fascinating.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like Blue In Green got their annual shipment of Oni products, including these:

Oni Denim OX Canvas Jeans

No pics at BIG yet, but a little Google fu shows them looking like this:

oni-371-2.jpg

Thought folks around here might want to check them out. Oni stuff is seriously low volume, so I don't expect these to last super long.

Nothing fancy in terms of selvedge or rare fabric, but they are very well made and durable as hell. Basically an overbuilt Carhartt. First is a detail of the buttons and fabric. second is an awful iPhone pic that just shows the design. Go here for better quality/stock photo's.

1b54ef21.jpg?t=13336032669c7a83f2.jpg?t=1333603366

Edited by garden gnomes in space

• 4 weeks later...