Post your DUCKS!

riff

My Gung Ho/Earl's Apparel duck pant arrived last week. The were not raw. A note on sizing, I recently saw the fatigue pant listed at Archival. A google search revealed the retailer All Seasons who carried the same made in the USA Earl's line at a lower price pt than Archival.

Archival rec'd sizing up on the Fatigue pant which was good advice. Without a reference, All Seasons rec'd I go with the same size in the duck camp trouser. Sadly, the camp trouser runs big, not small so I'm swimming in them. I'd recommend going TTS in the camp trou.

They are pretty well made and certainly a tremendous value for a made in USA garment.

http://www.allseasonsuniforms.com/ea10a.htm

would have to disagree here. The construction is the same as you will find in any Asian sweatshop. I had the OD sateen, the fabric feels so cheap. You certainly get what you pay for.

• 2 weeks later...

would have to disagree here. The construction is the same as you will find in any Asian sweatshop. I had the OD sateen, the fabric feels so cheap. You certainly get what you pay for.

I have the ducks as well as other more expensive articles of clothing.  They are raw, have shown fading since I got them and are of very good quality and construction.  The only thing to cause any issue was something that most workwear/raw heads fetishise to the nth degree i.e. the chainstitch breaking. 

• 5 months later...

Chewie what size Roy's would you need? Also did you check around the SE stores to see if there is any left outside of SESF?

Going by your size in your profile you could probably rock the 34's after they soak and shrink no? 34 is still in stock online.

edit: I'm also still seeing a 33 online, one pair left.

Edited by Bradly

Chewie what size Roy's would you need? Also did you check around the SE stores to see if there is any left outside of SESF?

Going by your size in your profile you could probably rock the 34's after they soak and shrink no? 34 is still in stock online.

edit: I'm also still seeing a 33 online, one pair left.

i would need size 31, but all stores sold out. 

New duck coming out of left field. Check the thread.

thx, will do!

• 2 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

Bumping this thread with my old Carhartt WIP Peacoat, had it since 2014 and made of the classic 12oz firm duck, was rigid to begin with.
Faded quite nicely and had to patch up a hole here and there (see patches under buttons).
Even shows slight honeycombs!

IMG_20201013_093223.jpg

IMG_20201013_093247.jpg

IMG_20201013_093233.jpgIMG_20201013_093256.jpg

Edited by Thanks_M8

Nice thread bump, here are my Roy All Duck pants from a few years back.
Honestly haven't worn them enough, they need repairs in a few small places.
Duck is hard to photograph, white balance gets all thrown off.
EdUicjM.jpg
Iw6MZ0G.jpg
69tko3Z.jpg
WOqD0hJ.jpg
34eKmQt.jpg
M9CQfRQ.jpg
eub8kYR.jpg
6ihYMws.jpg
1z9LJ3s.jpg
gyOpQZb.jpg
QW3mNDS.jpg