Post your DUCKS!

riff

Insanely good shots eltopo! Thanks for sharing! :)

My wife surprised me on my birthday with the waxed Monitaly ducks. It's finally gotten cool enough to wear them, and I gotta say - they are amazing!

6256192512_6612cf81bc_z.jpg

Insanely good shots eltopo! Thanks for sharing! :)

My wife surprised me on my birthday with the waxed Monitaly ducks. It's finally gotten cool enough to wear them, and I gotta say - they are amazing!

6256192512_6612cf81bc_z.jpg

Really cool pants! Is that one of the Columbiaknit hats??

Thanks guys (and gal :) )! For those who asked - yes, I'll post up more shots. They have some very nice little details, like leather-backed snaps, etc...

S-Town, yep - it's Columbiaknit, in "goldenrod" (cheers MOA!)

Doesn't look too bad considering it's a type 3 and that was the style in the 60s/70s, but usually the jacket wasn't buttoned up.

IMO that fit is quite flattering on Giles, but I digress.

Wanted to point out that BIG has new Left Field duck pants in black and indigo, if anyone is interested. The indigo in particular is really nice looking, looks to be the same cone selvedge used in those Rogue Territory pants, but in a less ridiculously slim cut.

The IH duck jacket will look better once it's been worn for a while. That one is straight out of the packing crate- it still has a crease across the middle from being folded. As for the fit, I believe rnrswitch is right; that's authentic to the original cut, which was slim and a bit short. If you'd prefer a looser fit, just size up. Giles (the fit model) is about 6'2" and is wearing a large, if I recall correctly, so there's room to upsize for just about everyone.

RawAsDenim, I love your "hands up in the air like you don't care" post and your style ! I also dig your hairdo and your glasses.

Here's me today. Lately, I've been wearing my IH 801 Blacks...

6314698767_fd3e5678e7_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Some teaser shots of my latest duck acquisition. Fit pics forthcoming. They're sanforized and raw, wonderfully stiff and the color is amazing. The evo is going to be awesome. Click through for that detail.

KFc71l.jpg

2QvRAl.jpg

2nBnpl.jpg

Some teaser shots of my latest duck acquisition. Fit pics forthcoming. They're sanforized and raw, wonderfully stiff and the color is amazing. The evo is going to be awesome. Click through for that detail.

KFc71l.jpg

2QvRAl.jpg

2nBnpl.jpg

awesome. i have the organic chinos in caramel but not as dope as this

Quick pic from wayt, I can get some better ones this weekend. Since they're raw and unwashed (but sanforized) I actually sized down one from my true 32 waist. I have the carmel ducks, which are washed, in the 32. They both fit about the same in the waist & thighs and rise, with the indigo ones just being a bit longer in the inseam. I'd say they are a mid-rise slimmer classic cut. Nothing too slim, but a good modern chino cut.

I e-mailed christian asking about sizing them the same as the carmel ones and he advised me to go down to 31 and just wear em raw till I need to wash. I trusted him and I'm glad I did.

Cold weather, short haircut, new pants. Luckily taken before the rain!

gbUgel.jpg

oh and here's the carmel ones in 32 for comparison:

Y20mEl.jpg

Edited by arcarsenal

• 3 weeks later...

baldwin denim's the reed in 12 oz. duck. i received these about a month ago and had them shortened down a bit. really love the fit and its drab duck color - runs small so i sized up to a 33. given it's in baldwin's reed cut, it runs a bit slimmer.

1UUrWl.jpg

c5KY0l.jpg

Vie8Ll.jpg

Edited by mapz

i've found that most duck pants come in a kind of lighter brown, more like a beige.

In this picture from a post above one can see the difference pretty well.

The left one (apparently 1901) has that lighter brown, whereas the 1873 one on the right has the darker one.

Does anyone know if there are special terms for these different shades of brown?

Will the dark brown quickly after soaking/washing turn into the lighter one?

vzh8vb.jpg