Post your DUCKS!

riff

I'm salivating over the **NEW Studio D'Artisan - Heavy Duck Canvas Pants Brown and *NEW Studio D'Artisan - Heavy Duck Canvas Pants Olive Green. I just can't justify buying them though...the minimalist in me simply won't allow it (not to mention the wallet in me). If I didn't already own the IH 801s Loggers in duck and black, these SA would have been purchased in their stead. Good thing the ROY ducks didn't come in my size (30), those would have been a wonderful but redundant purchase. I do like my IH Loggers a lot though...

riff, your ducks look splendid. It's cool that you get the women in your family (aunt, sister, etc...) to clothes-shop for you !

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10098&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

http://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=10092&category_id=&manufacturer_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

Mr Black, if they were smaller you would be hearing from me :)

Shubha, let's see your ducks!! I'm in the market for a pair, but my wallet cant bear some of those prices! I tried on some carhartts at the local work store, but even in the right size it looked like I was borrowing my dad's pants :P

Need something slimmer, sigh.

I'm positive it's Cone. They have a pretty special relationship with them, especially since they're within an hour of each other. Mine has the White Oak plant label on the right pocket where the signatures are.

Great pickup-- and they look great on ya, man.

yep, its cone.

Thanks for the kind words & cone confirmation guys! And thanks shubha & sweapea! Sweapea, the Raleighs are a fairly slim/straight fit - might be worth looking at. I think the N&F that dkatz posted are slim as well - I have a pair of unbleached Weird Guys and it's a nice, slim cut.

Shubha, the women in the family definitely spoil me! :) When my sister found the Raleighs, she also found a pair of LVC ducks - the older model with the yoke. I can't make out the size marking, but I think it will fit our daughter!

And yea - post those IH loggers of yours! :)

Thanks for all the suggestions! Grooveholmes, those utility pants do look good - I really like the sepia ones!

Im pretty sure I could find the N&F locally - if nothing else, I could try any weird guy model on to see if it works for me. After a few ( ok, many!) Internet- purchasing sizing disasters, I've become leery of buying before trying!

sweapea, I've done some expensive Internet-purchasing mistakes too.

Unfortunately, I'm too distracted and impatient to try and

return shit on The SuFu Marketplace so instead I've given my mistakes

all away free to my previous housekeeper's daughter, who is 14

years old and a skinny-minny. My mistakes were so tiny-sized

though that I doubt that they'd have sold on SuFu

Marketplace.

My sizing mistakes were too small rather than too big.

Finally, I've realized that I'm not a Sz28/29 but definitively a Sz30 !

No shame in that ! I got caught up in the SuFu "size down" BS....which

is largely unflattering unless you're a young Asian boy or girl.

But here's me in my IH 801 ducks. I do enjoy these but I barely

wear them, honestly. Maybe I should...I do like them --

I like the popeye bell-bottomy sailor-pants aspect to them. But

I think I just prefer non-logger pants.

Mt. Whitney T

IH 801 Ducks, Sz 30

North Face trail runners

6200720831_b902f5242b_z.jpg

6201221222_8fc414c368_z.jpg

^Jeebus, someone must seriously be worried about their pants falling down? Suspender buttons, belt loops, a cinch back and a fucking giant metal hook/loop for a top button! Seems a little much to me.

maybe the guy who made them had a bad experience once... I wonder though what happens if you really have to go the bathroom... do you make it in time?

X-post from ROYxCone contest. For more info on the process see the post in the ROY contest thread. I altered the collar on the pointer jacket.

117600x450.jpg

115600x450.jpg

Some quick fit pics.

099600x450.jpg

094600x450.jpg

fitpic.jpg

you're too cool. stop it.

Eltopo - you & Mike look great! The photos are out off this world! :)

Rnrswitch - you really did a wonderful job on the collar! Did your jacket shrink a lot? My finger has been hovering over the "buy" button, but I'm torn between the S & XS...

Shubha - thanks for posting your ducks - superb!

Eltopo - you & Mike look great! The photos are out off this world! :)

Rnrswitch - you really did a wonderful job on the collar! Did your jacket shrink a lot? My finger has been hovering over the "buy" button, but I'm torn between the S & XS...

Shubha - thanks for posting your ducks - superb!

Haven't washed it yet, but I kinda wished I had rolled with a medium to get a roomier fit.

Thanks for all the compliments folks. The rounded collar really does make it more wearable. The collar was the only thing that I really didn't like.

Guest fadezz

Hey all:

I've been intrigued by all the ducks on this thread. I would definitely like to make an investment in a real nice pair that'll age well. Can any of you make a suggestion on what I should look into? I'm 6', 160, athletic build. Usually go for 31/32" x 34" size jeans. Thanks in advance for all of your input!

• 2 weeks later...

For those that care and missed the last run: Left Field NYC webstore and Blue in Green have restocked the duck chinos. Hop on it for a nice made in the USA Cone Mills duck pant at a pretty decent price. Left Field seems to stock some larger sizes that BiG does not.

https://blueingreensoho.com/site/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=6710&category_id=&manufacturer_id=50&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=62

http://www.leftfieldnyc.net/product/carmel-organic-canvas-chinos