Post your DUCKS!

riff

Not trolling here at all, but can someone explain ducks to me? I've been looking at the new Roy's, and while I can appreciate the construction, I can't understand how and where I could wear them? It might just be a piece of clothing that is over my head.

Duck pant + chambray, wabash, or denim shirts and jackets. Can't go wrong with those combo.

I guess I should post the fit pic here too since I don't own that much duck...

DSC09431.jpg

DSC09432.jpg

rising sun "Ranch Hand" duck jacket.. absolutely beautiful. If you can afford one, I highly recommend it.

new style 12 oz. indigo cone mills selvage duck. high rise, straight leg, button up front pockets, iphone back pocket, 13 hand peened rivets, 7 hand-peened copper buttons, leather washers on all rivets and buttons. hand casted copper buttons. double knee, no yolks, triple stitched back seam, hand-felled inseam. single needle tailored. IMG_6437.jpgIMG_6442.jpgIMG_6443.jpgIMG_6444.jpgIMG_6445.jpgIMG_6450.jpg

new style 12 oz. indigo cone mills selvage duck. high rise, straight leg, button up front pockets, iphone back pocket, 13 hand peened rivets, 7 hand-peened copper buttons, leather washers on all rivets and buttons. hand casted copper buttons. double knee, no yolks, triple stitched back seam, hand-felled inseam. single needle tailored./QUOTE]

http://www.grammarist.com/usage/casted/

The contrast stitch doesn't make me think True Religion, their top stitching is done with darn near knitting yarn. This reminds me of old time work wear. High contrast stitching was used to emphasize the heavy duty construction of the garment. Alot of the old advertisements made them look like they were drawn from connect-the-dots.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm positive it's Cone. They have a pretty special relationship with them, especially since they're within an hour of each other. Mine has the White Oak plant label on the right pocket where the signatures are.

Great pickup-- and they look great on ya, man.

yep, its cone.

This is an old Wrangler jacket i've had in my loft for some years but never actually worn. I'm guessing early-mid 70's but if anyone knows any more about it, would be grateful for any info

b80dps.jpg

24cwcx3.jpg

My sister found these Raleighs at a resale place - really like the fabric. Actually it looks identical to the LVC duck - can anyone confirm if it is, in fact, Cone?

I tried to buy a pair of those about a year ago, but the fit just didn't work for me. I really liked the fabric; nice and light, which would have been perfect for the summers down here. Plus, they're quite nicely made. Sucks for me, but congratulations to you on a good score.

Wandered around the mall today, wound up in Barneys Co-op, and discovered that Naked and Famous is making a pair of ducks:

Selvedge-Duck-front1-225x351.png

Selvedge-Duck-back1-225x351.png

Pale in comparison to the ROYs, I'm sure, but don't look too bad for less than half the price. Oh ROY...

and, truth:

Monitaly Hunting Pants in Brown Duck look nice.

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=2502