Post your DUCKS!

riff

I'm really hoping I can find a pair of Ropers in store in Chicago (new Carhartt store in Wicker Park I think?)

I had no idea that a Carhartt store opened in Chicago. Apparently the address is 1520 North Milwaukee Ave, right off the Damen Blue Line.

If you go, please let me know if you find any ropers there. I won't be able to make it out there until the weekend maybe.

Guest rusholmeruffian

Fit pics, sorry about the shit cameraphone pics taken by me

When I look at the works of art posted x eltopo, farhad and haptronic I feel shamed posting on the same forum but a lot of requests for fit pics for these

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0108-1.jpg

Guest rusholmeruffian

Thanks for the +rep. They are mega anti-fit at the back but that is just a d feature of the 1873 cut.

Funny. The 1873 1st blue jean was my first ever foray into selvage back in the day. I've had umpteen pairs of exotic denimzs since then but find myself with a new pair in denim and.duck now.

Love 555 LVC.

Phwoar! Look at the anti-fit on that...

I'd feed that duck...

My favourite thread...

No need to apologize darling...

Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

Etc, etc...

Love from the Raw for Women thread :)

Fit pics, sorry about the shit cameraphone pics taken by me

When I look at the works of art posted x eltopo, farhad and haptronic I feel shamed posting on the same forum but a lot of requests for fit pics for these

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0108-1.jpg

The nice people at Cone sent me some of their last remaining indigo duck to say thanks for organising the Roy contest.

I got a yard and a half made into a bag by MAtt Fothergill, a dude who'd made another cool croc-skin bag for me. Interior pocket is in dry denim (it was selvage, I don't think he quite got the notion so I think it's down the sidesea, but still). Cost was a pittance for a one-off, around £150. His bags are a bargain. Site is Here.

Shape is based on a basic, brit kitbag.

duckbag.jpg

The leather piping helps keep the shape. It's not reinforced, so it folds up small.

duck3.jpg

The large pocket fits my macbook, wiht a little clip to keep it in place. Selvage is down one side, for extra stealth...

duckbaginteriorsge.jpg

Beautiful bag Paul. I am a little disappointed I didn't take you up on having a bag made, but now I feel 150 pounds richer. :)

About three, maybe four weeks.

I commissioned it at the old price. I think he knocked off a tenner, for supplying the fabric, then added a tenner for doing the custom pockets. That bag normally has a leather top and corners - I asked for a fabric top, and leather base.

I got the duck bag made to complement my croc one. This was a present from the g/f maybe 10 years ago. The croc was a special order - and I got some remaindered Irish tweed for the lining. THis would always be my only bag for travelling, as carry-on. Sadly these days you can't do that, hence the canvas bag for carry on, and I'll use some scummy bag with wheels to get knackered in the hold.

crocd.jpg

crocinterior.jpg

I can imagine a denim version would look fantastic, too... maybe with a tan duck interior, mmm...

Well hurry up and set up another contest and get more fabric, then... ha

That bag was well worth the wait. 150 pounds would be do-able for me, I suppose, if the effin' US government didn't take it from me this tax season... I'm still hurtin from April. Had to sell off some shares to make ends meet.

However, I was able to swing a pair of nice RL ducks at a Bloomingdale's sale recently. I'll get those pics up this weekend.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

They look waxed. Are they? Is that a brown or a caramel color?

they might be a little wet in the photo yes.

I suppose it's the poor photo quality that makes them seem different.

they have this kind of marble effect in them if you get what I'm saying.

i find it difficult to photograph, this is the best one I could get.

IMG_4400.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think I've posted these before - Stevenson's duck pants that I picked up last summer. Maybe a couple of months effective wear... Gardening, dog walking, active stuff.

1c3344a0.jpg

4741ca7e.jpg

c0256d1c.jpg

386e8a4e.jpg

41192923.jpg

0052a2b4.jpg

5e5c9741.jpg

They were raw and had one initial soak. No washes yet. Great quality & construction!

riff, sweet looking duck pants! I really like the re-enforced knees and what looks like copper rivets. Years ago I bought nice pair of 40's overalls from Zip. Nice to see he's designing some beautiful work wear. Thanks for posting.

I don't think I've posted these before - Stevenson's duck pants that I picked up last summer. Maybe a couple of months effective wear... Gardening, dog walking, active stuff.

They were raw and had one initial soak. No washes yet. Great quality & construction!

• 3 weeks later...