Post your DUCKS!

riff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

fbb26f4c.jpg

X-post fRom WAYWT

Wolf v goat ducks. I like the fabric. And the quality seems great, albeit, not as nice as the Japanese made brands. They're made in the USA though and for $30, I couldn't pass them up!

• 4 weeks later...

You want to buy fabric or actual clothing. I don't know of anywhere to get duck selvedge fabric.

You want to buy fabric or actual clothing. I don't know of anywhere to get duck selvedge fabric.

actual fabric... I can find just duck cotton, but not with selvedge. It's got to be made somewhere as I'm seeing it. Cone denies making any, so where does Rising Sun get theirs?

actual fabric... I can find just duck cotton, but not with selvedge. It's got to be made somewhere as I'm seeing it. Cone denies making any, so where does Rising Sun get theirs?

Cone makes duck in a selvedge. The LVC ducks are made from cone fabric. Also, the indigo duck that Rising Sun has is cone, too. At least I believe so. The problem with getting selvedge duck from Cone is that you need to purchase a butt load of it for them to even think about dealing with you.

Is there a reason why you need selvedge duck? As long as it is RingXRing it should be fine.

I just like the selvedge part of it. I actually called Cone LA today and the lady told me flat out Cone does not make a Duck Selvedge. I asked twice as I thought they did. I think 300 yards is the minimum.... ouch!

Where does Carhartt get theirs from?

Cone does, of course, make that duck. The duck bag, at the beignning of this thread, is their own promo for the fabric.

But they don't really sell any bolts direct, your best bet is to try a jobber that works with Cone fabric. Cone occasioanlly sell on stock to them, or perhaps LVC do, no one is quite sure.

Guest rusholmeruffian

Has anyone heard of these?

Fil 'em up brand ducks from Japan .

Made with organic cotton.

Parent company is called fil melange

DUCKGARB.jpg

IMAG0042.jpg

DUCKGARB2.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0045.jpg

They look greatfor the most part. I think the tool pocket is superfluous though. It seems some companies feel they need some sort of detail that sets them apart, but ends up slightly awkward. (sort of like that sentence) Front pockets have got it hot. How's the rise? Did we ever settle if the Japanese had actual union clothing manufacturing? Usually the union tags appear to just be included for stylistic purposes on repro items, but this one seems a little more straight forward.

Guest rusholmeruffian

The rise is massive, about 13" which is great.

I think the company hasn't got true repro credentials, but I've got to say the construction and fabric is amazing.

They look greatfor the most part. I think the tool pocket is superfluous though. It seems some companies feel they need some sort of detail that sets them apart, but ends up slightly awkward. (sort of like that sentence) Front pockets have got it hot. How's the rise? Did we ever settle if the Japanese had actual union clothing manufacturing? Usually the union tags appear to just be included for stylistic purposes on repro items, but this one seems a little more straight forward.

They have unions, I believe, but I think there are a decent amount of repro companies that are making things in china now.

Guest rusholmeruffian

They are definitely made in Japan. They even have that union sewing machine image woven into the pocket bags.

Been meaning to post this for a while, a now battered old Carhartt jacket that I thrifted a good few years ago and worn a fair amount since:

imag0093b.jpg

And my Carhartt Ropers...was expecting some fading, but not with any definition:

imag0092zp.jpg

I'm really hoping I can find a pair of Ropers in store in Chicago (new Carhartt store in Wicker Park I think?)

^

I thought Unionmade Goods was the ONLY store in the US to carry the Ropers, and they are long gone.

I bought mine from Meet Bernard: http://www.meetbernard.com/shop/catalogue/carhartt/roper_pant_s_s11/carhartt_brown

They were real good with answering my questions. Looks like they have a few sizes left!!!!! They are pretty rad pants!

Maybe I'm completely wrong though; that would be really cool if you could check them out in person first.