Post your DUCKS!

riff

• 2 weeks later...
Guest redchris

I should maybe have asked about shrinkage on this thread before rinsing these ducks yesterday. They are now firmly a 34w instead of a 36.

B9rtQCWkKGrHqRioEzNsiHq5cBM4mvQm1k0_3.jpg

B9rucEWkKGrHqJk0EyjCC8BM4mvUf8G0_3.jpg

B9rwZgWkKGrHqFiMEzOFiq8cPBM4mvc0Yn0_3.jpg

B9ryPwEWkKGrHqJjoEzK6eDzqBBM4mvkH6w0_3.jpg

Any slimmer blokes than me want to make an offer ?

Whoa! Amazing vintage hunting jacket. The National Recovery Act was a short lived government policy so your jacket dates from 1933-34. Very cool!

Thanks for posting the photos.

Got this Nice Hunting Jacket which should date back to pre 1935s as it has a NRA (National Recovery Act) tag like the LEVIS 1933

DSC00612.jpg

1930HuntingJKT05.jpg

1930HuntingJKT01.jpg1930HuntingJKT02.jpg1930HuntingJKT04.jpg

I should maybe have asked about shrinkage on this thread before rinsing these ducks yesterday. They are now firmly a 34w instead of a 36.

I almost bid on those myself. They'd fit me now perfectly but I'm broke til after Christmas. Is the stain on the lap still noticeable after the rinse, that was kinda what put me off buying them.

Guest redchris
I almost bid on those myself. They'd fit me now perfectly but I'm broke til after Christmas. Is the stain on the lap still noticeable after the rinse, that was kinda what put me off buying them.

Its not a stain mate, just one of those funny camera refractions.

Guest redchris

Some pics post-soak

Measurements now ;

waist 17" across

thigh 12"

knee 10"

leg 8 3/4"

rise 12 1/2"

Inseam 34"

1055.jpg

Picture216.jpg

still open to offers.

• 2 weeks later...

5259104237_4df8cd4999_b.jpg

From left to right,

1. 1860's duck fabric, loose weave.

2. Levi pocket bag from 1873-74 ( color, dead grass?)

3. Late 1870's Neustadter brown duck.

4. Late 1870's Neustadter (dead grass?)

5. Levi fly piece 1873-74 (brown?)

I sure would like to see a Levi in mode (drab grey) no one I know has ever seen it?

Any thoughts on a non denim pair of pants, cut like a pair of denim (No chino pockets.)

specially something like a pair 103's or 0500's?

I tried on the Oni's this weekend and they were a little too loose. Also waiting to try on a pair of size M SD ducks, but i think i'll have the same problem as the Oni's.

Hey guys. I just wanted to post a little update on my Carharrt Ropers since I've been wearing them a couple of months. First off, I love the fit with the cinch and the reinforcing rivits all over the place. I knew they wouldn't be extremely heavy since they're only 12 oz., but they feel less than 12oz to me. My biggest criticism is the contstruction. After one wash I had significant fraying on one side of 2 of the belt loops and within both of the back pockets. My cinch closure also broke. I just sewed it up so I don't have two little tails on the back of my pants, but that was a little annoying. Anyway, I like these pants, just little things that kill resale and blah blah. Hope to get something beefier soon. If anyone disagrees please pipe in with opinions, but people haven't really talked about the aging in this thread. Thanks!

Any thoughts on a non denim pair of pants, cut like a pair of denim (No chino pockets.)

specially something like a pair 103's or 0500's?

I tried on the Oni's this weekend and they were a little too loose. Also waiting to try on a pair of size M SD ducks, but i think i'll have the same problem as the Oni's.

sda was awesome, but zippers suck!

Meh. i don't mind the zipper, i just want a good slim straight fit on some non denim pants. Maybe a slight taper, but that's getting greedy. Already copped a pair of Jcrew cords, but I want something a little more rugged, but classy at the same time.

I think there is some lofgren stuff in there as well. I recognize the Marines t-shirt.

Hey guys. I just wanted to post a little update on my Carharrt Ropers since I've been wearing them a couple of months. First off, I love the fit with the cinch and the reinforcing rivits all over the place. I knew they wouldn't be extremely heavy since they're only 12 oz., but they feel less than 12oz to me. My biggest criticism is the contstruction. After one wash I had significant fraying on one side of 2 of the belt loops and within both of the back pockets. My cinch closure also broke. I just sewed it up so I don't have two little tails on the back of my pants, but that was a little annoying. Anyway, I like these pants, just little things that kill resale and blah blah. Hope to get something beefier soon. If anyone disagrees please pipe in with opinions, but people haven't really talked about the aging in this thread. Thanks!

Are the Ropers considerably slim? What's the leg opening size? I'm looking for something more along the lines of the newer fit 501s with a regular straight fit rather than something really slim as I have big thighs. Also where did you purchase yours from? Any fit pics? Is the sizing tagged size + 2 (like most vanity sized pants)? Sorry, lots of questions, I know!

Not new, but wanted to post to this thread. I really like the fabric combos.

duckgrnvest-1.jpg

duckgrnvest-4.jpg

If I didn't already have two very similar vests I would have sprung for those a long time ago. Me likey.

The pattern is pretty basic and if I can get my hands on some nice duck I am going to make myself one.

hi guys,

i just read this whole thread.. so damn good!

i love that about SuFu, when you are looking to school yourself for a new item, there are a few solid threads that just have good posts.

I am asking for some recommendations on a slim fitting / heavy well constructed Duck pant.

i normally find myself wearing slim fitting Iron Heart 301s for reference.

so any help or recommendation would greatly be appreciated.

all my best.

-davichan

Are the Ropers considerably slim? What's the leg opening size? I'm looking for something more along the lines of the newer fit 501s with a regular straight fit rather than something really slim as I have big thighs. Also where did you purchase yours from? Any fit pics? Is the sizing tagged size + 2 (like most vanity sized pants)? Sorry, lots of questions, I know!

The opening is 9" on my pair. They don't feel extremely slim, but I only sized down 1. You could definitely size down 2. I purchased mine from Meet Bernard on sale for 45 USD.

http://www.meetbernard.com/shop/catalogue/carhartt/roper_pant/carhartt_brown_rigid

And finally, here's an old fit picture.

DSC_4163E.jpg

davichan, the über duck pants imo are the rising sun neustadter pants; if i had the cash for those they would be mine long time ago. They are not cheap (500$) and not exactely slim though

The opening is 9" on my pair. They don't feel extremely slim, but I only sized down 1. You could definitely size down 2. I purchased mine from Meet Bernard on sale for 45 USD.

http://www.meetbernard.com/shop/catalogue/carhartt/roper_pant/carhartt_brown_rigid

And finally, here's an old fit picture.

DSC_4163E.jpg

ADH92 that bag looks strangely similar to my own...