Post your DUCKS!

riff

Thanks for posting the pics of the brown roper pants. I might end up picking that up as well. I have the black roper pants version and pretty satisfied with it so far. Use it for work and has that slim fit look.

Sure thing :) You should post up your black ones here - I do remember a nice fit you had in waywt... Nice to know that some US places have the euro line!

I got mine from the Caliroots sale...

I'd email or call Todd at Unionmade. I'd bought several Farm Tactics items (PayPal'd) from him before the website was up. He's really easy to work with and I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out with purchasing the ducks.

^^Too small for me.

Would any of you San Franciscoans, (San Franciscoites?) be interested in picking up a pair of the brown raw at Unionmade and shipping them to Utah if I paypal'd you the cash?

Anyone have any more specific fit measurements as far as rise/thigh/leg opening? Can't find that info anywhere on the web.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm selling my RRL Ltd. Edition slevage officer chinos. Link in my sig.

Perhaps not true "ducks" but in the spirit of the thread! 11oz left hand twill, 10x10 weave (I know this b/c it's on the pocket bag, oh yeah).

8a180c23.jpg

Damn man, every time you pull out those Ropers I want 'em!

Black Roper version is $140 and duck raw version is $100.
I'd email or call Todd at Unionmade. I'd bought several Farm Tactics items (PayPal'd) from him before the website was up. He's really easy to work with and I'm sure would be more than happy to help you out with purchasing the ducks.

$100 for the raw brown duck ropers? Iiiiinteresting. Todd of Unionmade is on Sufu somewhere, right? Anyone remember his name on here?

Actually I saw the ropers on the same day they got it in... before they had a chance to add the proper store tags. They seriously quoted $100 bucks back then for the raw carhartt version... I should have just picked it up at that time. You are correct... now they're $140 for black/raw versions.

Wondering if someone in this thread (riff?) could/would compare fit of Left Field canvas trousers to Carhartt Ropers?

thanks in advance.

The left field canvas trousers are much more of a full fit in the legs, whereas the ropers are slimmer through the thighs and pretty low rise.

The left field canvas trousers are much more of a full fit in the legs, whereas the ropers are slimmer through the thighs and pretty low rise.

Many thanks for the info. That's sort of what I thought. What I really want is a true straight fit that's not too loose throughout--a "slightly slim straight"! So, maybe in some ways something like a 1947/55 cut, or like what I think the FH F380 fits like--but it doesn't need to be a "5 pocket" jean style cut.

Any suggestions from the afficionados? Like the look of the Left Fields (and price-to-quality) but hard to know if they'll be more on the baggy side than I'd like...

I thought the carhartt ropers were horible when i tried them on, really low rise and and slim. Makes some senses as a cowboy style pant I guess, but the rise was just too much (or little...).

+1. If they fit you thats one thing but they were way too tight on my things and the rise is very low..

Are the left field selvage like the ropers?

No they aren't selvage, but it is ringxring, which pretty much is all that matters. The fabric is pretty nice on the Left Fields and the chambray pocket lining kills as well.

Wondering if someone in this thread (riff?) could/would compare fit of Left Field canvas trousers to Carhartt Ropers?

thanks in advance.

Yep - rnr got it. The Left Field pants are more of a regular (neither full nor skinny) chino cut, whereas the Ropers, are a slim straight, mid/ow rise jean cut.

^Hm... anyone mind measuring the rise on a pair of Ropers? They haven't looked too insanely low from what I've seen (then again I've become accustomed to Tellason Strummers, which are pretty ridiculously low...)

dkatz, I'll measure when I'm back home, but I can tell you that my 29 Ropers are a higher rise than my 29 SExDB jeans....

thanks for sharing those measurements, beeetus.

did he mention anything about the waist size? i've read some contradictory things about how to size them.

thanks!

I emailed unionmade about the Ropers a few weeks ago, and this was Spencer's reply about fit measurements. Taken from a 31/32

Front Rise - 11 and 1/4 in

Thigh - 12 and 1/2 in

Knee - 9 in

Leg Opening - 8 in

Ha!- I was planning on taking pictures today at lunch. So-

LVC Japan 1874 duck hunting jacket:

4582248084_41c0c75f0e_o.jpg

4582248160_7f62f0110b_o.jpg

4581618357_15bc459771_o.jpg

Someone on the LVC thread (SLAB?) said this would be good for carrying around photography equipment, and he was so right. I usually wear this when I take my good camera out of the house with extra lenses & chips in the pockets.

Nice piece but is this a real copy of an archive piece? If it was 1874 and shank buttons don't go together?

Sansome, post some pics of your Neustadter ducks. With a wash and all.