Post your DUCKS!

riff

Switch! Killin it man great outfit looks perfect~!!!!!!!!!!!!

I posted these in the ROY thread. Thought I would give some love to this thread as well.

backfrontroys.jpg

My pocket watch pocket is getting some wear. Hard to see from the pic, but it is gathering a bit of grease and oil from my hand.

053resize.jpg

I treated the tag with some obenauf's oil and just saturated the leather with it. Like 4 coats in a few hours. I wanted to see oil seeping out the sides.

051resize.jpg

waywt812010.jpg

Thanks a ton Eltopo. It means a lot coming from someone with mega steez.

I was sporting the Left Field Canvas trousers (duck in my opinion-- maybe not Paul T's though).

waywt822010.jpg

^^Left Field looks good! Diggin the trouser fit.

those look nice. are you suggesting sizing down because they run bigger than the tagged size? or for a slimmer fit?

They run bigger than the tagged size. I usually go for W32 but I had to settle for 31s with the 201.

Duck Digger fit pics... The re-enforced crotch makes for a nice, err, shelf! :o

Those pants are so great. I saw an old customized duck work apron on the 'bay that had leather pocket reinforcements like those. It did not have a ball-shelf though; that feature should be included in more items.

I was sporting the Left Field Canvas trousers (duck in my opinion-- maybe not Paul T's though).

Where does this debate stand, now? Any definition agreed upon?

Where does this debate stand, now? Any definition agreed upon?

I still don't know. I am under the impression that canvas is the weave type and duck is the name given to a heavy canvas. I am waiting on Paul to ask his "connections" over at Cone to give a definitive answer. I would be willing to bet that Paul already asked them and they gave him the answer he didn't want. His silence on this issue is proof positive for me that I am right and he is wrong... Haha.

The wikipedia article is pretty informative, though not very well supported by citations. "Naught duck" is a pretty cool term to know, though.

It's interesting that the loanword "doek" comes (according to WIki) from Dutch, but over the years it's been conflated with the animal duck, and waterproof properties have been attributed to the fabric. That's my theory anyways.

The wikipedia article is pretty informative, though not very well supported by citations. "Naught duck" is a pretty cool term to know, though.

It's interesting that the loanword "doek" comes (according to WIki) from Dutch, but over the years it's been conflated with the animal duck, and waterproof properties have been attributed to the fabric. That's my theory anyways.

Yeah, we have gone to the wikipedia before in this discussion, but wikipedia is glaringly silent as to the canvas vs. duck terminology. It is almost as if wikipedia understands the political and social turmoil that could result in the superfuture community by its support of one side or the other.

Could you imagine? Entire threads destroyed in a day, noobs joining at an alarming rate, the Evolution of Jeans thread brought to its knees, an increase in the rate of crotch blowouts, Demonito selling off his entire denim/workboots collection, and me (rnrswitch) purchases the MF boots and the road champ jacket, just because wikipedia chose a side on this discussion. It would be lost forever. The folks over at wikipedia have thought this out and even they don't want to get in the middle of it.

Paul T and I will have to settle this on our own terms. Mono a mono. Denim geek vs. denim geek. Two titans battling it out. Sufu will be scorched, but the victor can rebuild it in his image.

Phew... sounds like a summer blockbuster.

Love the duckdiggers...

me - IH 800

Ah, nice Beatle!

RNR - sharp as always! Must re-charge rep for you both...

I still don't know. I am under the impression that canvas is the weave type and duck is the name given to a heavy canvas. I am waiting on Paul to ask his "connections" over at Cone to give a definitive answer. I would be willing to bet that Paul already asked them and they gave him the answer he didn't want. His silence on this issue is proof positive for me that I am right and he is wrong... Haha.

Ha - I gotta agree with RNR on this one! Gonna join the duck-splosion today

e16989de.jpg

48f932d0.jpg

Don't think this counts, but maybe.

DSC_0862.jpg

DSC_0860.jpg

DSC_0861.jpg

Haha! I love how my being bugged by you should remain a major concern when I'm on vacation, or hassling the poor overworked guy at Cone. But I do have to conduct an on-the-record interview about a new farbic he just produced, if he can spare some official time for that I wil ask everything he knows about duck - which I think is undergoing a renaissance in his view, too.

I will indeed post my macros of my black canvas or whatever it is, and the duck. There is a difference.

....just curious if those of you with Duck pants find it breathes better or worse than let's say a 13oz denim. The only duck I'm familiar with is hunting stuff that feels like your wearing a canvas tent. Is it not something that's easy to classify in that it depends on the duck fabric?

The tight weave of duck - especially if it's a heavy weight - can make it less breathable for sure. But I find the lighter weight ones ( see below :D ) quite comfortable..

Carhartts today..

a6a009b0.jpg

8a180c23.jpg

Thanks guys! :)

Yes, the reverse chamois aldens are one of my all-time faves. But if the size ain't right...

The ropers are nice ducks - nowhere near as rugged as the US version, or IH, but very supple & great for summer! Go TTS if you can find them!

The ropers are nice ducks - nowhere near as rugged as the US version, or IH, but very supple & great for summer! Go TTS if you can find them!

Thanks for posting the pics of the brown roper pants. I might end up picking that up as well. I have the black roper pants version and pretty satisfied with it so far. Use it for work and has that slim fit look.

I've got some ropers that have been worn like 4 times for sale. Like $100 shipped in the states. Size 32 i believe.

^^Too small for me.

Would any of you San Franciscoans, (San Franciscoites?) be interested in picking up a pair of the brown raw at Unionmade and shipping them to Utah if I paypal'd you the cash?

Anyone have any more specific fit measurements as far as rise/thigh/leg opening? Can't find that info anywhere on the web.