Post your DUCKS!

riff

Here are some Engineered Garments ducks I picked up at a resale place. They have a pretty standard slim 5-pocket fit. Looks like Cone duck from the new run they supplied to LVC for the 1873 ducks and duck jumper.

I looked on line for a bit, but couldn't find these as a current EG offering. Maybe they are a prototype?

4740458544_1eda8db1e2_b.jpg

4739822011_f4a55b459b_b.jpg

4739822079_b6cf1fb695_b.jpg

4740458246_527ae8e316_b.jpg

4740458452_57f66f83eb_b.jpg

So kind of you! Your new red Sunset shirt looks like a mis-size too, but probably would fit me. Why don't we trade?

They look like shit on you, Roy. Clearly the wrong size, too. I'll take them off your hands if you want, purely from the goodness of my heart... ;)

:D

If I wasn't sure that the 32's would be too big for me, you'd have a trade! They didn't by chance have a 30 lying around, did they?

Damn great find Roy! Re-sale places around here suck!

Here are some Engineered Garments ducks I picked up at a resale place. They have a pretty standard slim 5-pocket fit. Looks like Cone duck from the new run they supplied to LVC for the 1873 ducks and duck jumper.

Those are sweet, and look great on you. I would love to find a pair, but I don't spend enough time digging, either online or IRL.

I looked on line for a bit, but couldn't find these as a current EG offering. Maybe they are a prototype?

4740458246_527ae8e316_b.jpg

cottonduck3.jpg

Very interesting...

I'm certain is the Cone fabric. As far as I know they developed it in conjunction with Levi's... once I got the sense that LVC were maybe a tad annoyed that other people are getting to use it too. It's definitely only LVC who are supposed to get the wide selvage, with the black stripe inset some way from the edge - but those pants have the wide selvage! So maybe they are from a limited or prototype run.

By the way Riff, props again for setting up this thread. It's my go-to fave on SuFu, now the LVC thread has become infested by trolls.

Thank you Paul :)

Yes, shame about that - pretty toxic stuff. Though it seems like some action has been going on...

But back to topic... Damn, Roy's ducks are sweet! I've been trying to find a slim/straight 5 pocket fit of the same ilk, but no luck yet.

A friend got his 1873's in today, though, so perhaps I will get to check out the "vintage" fit this afternoon! :)

I finally got a chance to take some photos of my RRL ducks from I think 2 seasons ago. Lots of great details (buckle back,reinforced crotch, coin pocket, ect.) I took the photos on a original box of M80's from 1958. There use to be a firework factory next to my dads old house where he grew up and it caught on fire due to a plumbers spark and the whole place exploded. A couple of these boxes survived.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

d9.jpg

d10.jpg

Wow, those are about the nicest RRL piece I've ever seen. Fantastic cut, details, fit.

Yeah I agree Roy. RRL stuff is usually really rad but they tend to distress stuff way too much! They made a pair of carpenter ducks about 2 years ago but they fucked them up and made them look like someone sat in bleach and smeared it on the front two and there was no non distressed version. Luckily this pair was I think a one wash. The fit is really great too.

Can't rerep, but stunning, many thanks.

Edit: just found out I could re-rep eltopo again, so I did so, even though it pained me, such was my jealousy at the sheer awesomeness of his jacket, pants, muted backdrop and that clearly superior box. Sir, I salute you.

Eltopo - just awesome! Great ducks, great fit & great photos! :) Repped for sure!

Now, you guys help me decide... Buddy ordered 2 pairs of 1873's from the sales, and opted to keep the size 32's...

Here are the size 30's on me - more than enough room for shrinking... Should I or shouldn't I? They have a longer rise than any pants I've ever owned, lol.

DSC_7392-Version2.jpg

DSC_7391-Version2.jpg

DSC_7394-Version2.jpg

Eltopo - just awesome! Great ducks, great fit & great photos! :) Repped for sure!

Now, you guys help me decide... Buddy ordered 2 pairs of 1873's from the sales, and opted to keep the size 32's...

Here are the size 30's on me - more than enough room for shrinking... Should I or shouldn't I? They have a longer rise than any pants I've ever owned, lol.

I think what you've got on right now is a perfect fit, so I'm thinkin you should go with the 32s. I think a 31 would be absolutely perfect, but thats not an option. they look really cool though.

They're sale jeans, right? I say go for them.

I don't think they'll shrink a huge amount around the ass - just some in the length, plus the waistband, which will stretch out again. As I just realised lately, the duck seems to shrink much more along the selvage (in its length here) than across it. Personally I think it's much easier to deal with jeans that are slightly too trim (cold wash) than ones that are too baggy.

And yes, they look fab: a bird in the hand, and all that.

Personally I think it's much easier to deal with jeans that are slightly too trim (cold wash) than ones that are too baggy.

yes yes. very true. I change my opinion and say keep them cold and they should be great.

God, I'm so weak ;). Went for them!

Thank you Fardin! Shirt is Sunny Sports, from Blue Owl.

And I've been meaning to ask you Fardin.... Not to pressure you or anything, but since you seem to be able to find the most amazing pics of vintage denim being worn in the "olden" days, I don't suppose you came across any cool duck photos, by chance? :)

I'm glad you stuck with 'em Riff, they look great! The rise is monstrous. I got a hold of an old suit from the 40s and the pants come up above my bellybutton. Couldn't figure out how to wear them until I put on a shirt from the same-ish period. Then there was light.

Raise high the cotton ducks, carpenters.

(That's a reference to a book.

I read books.)