Post your DUCKS!

riff

Levi's 1873 cotton duck on sale at oki ni. £90. A total bargain - these are gorgeous pants. Still have 32/32 in. Looks like the new run with the new fabric to me. Buy your actual size - my experience is this fabric doesn't shrink..

LVC 1893 at Oki Ni. Buy them all now so I can sleep.

THey have the 1920s striped Sunset shirt on sale, too

rnrswitch, they seem to imply that canvas is duck that's been treated with wax. Another possibility! Hilarious, when there's a levi's release somewhere, pointing out how the legend that their early pants were made from canvas is just that, a legend, and untrue...

Edit IT's worth pointing out that oki-ni generally ship to the US, too.

They ran out of 32, but—as you say—they don't shrink, so maybe I should look for my actual size, 30. Anyway, their models are skinny as hell.

Yummy. Have we established whether or not that is the same material used on you tote bag? If so I need to get to washing my ROYs.

Those do look "yummy" fo sho! Did you hand wash them Paul? Gotta admit, that pop-over & the LVC duck pants are 2 on my "list' :)

Regular machine wash.

When I put my jeans in the machine, complete with Dr Bronners or, last time, boots organic soap-only-flakes-without-phosphates-and-other-stuff it never looks as good as when the g/f chucks em in with the regular detergent. Must be in her good books, she ironed the duck pullover for me, the duck always seems to get really creased up, far more than denim.

Hope it's not too sunny Sunday, I can take the duck shirt hopefully to a mad record collectors' house (dropping off eBay sale Lees), a mate's photo exhibition and an old Jewish synagogue in a back garden. I'm planning my wardrobe already.

You did see the duck pants on sale, btw??

Yes, I do prefer to not have to worry over much about the laundry! :) I usually chuck my stuff in, with Tide, and no spin cycle - seems to come out ok!

I did perk up at your sales-alert! But I'm pretty sure the 32 would be too big for me. A buddy is waiting on a pair he ordered, so I will check his out when they arrive... Then decide! :)

Edit - very cool Bill Murray shot! Ducks of the world - unite! :D

they shurnk to a 31!!!!!!!!!! im really happy i didnt end up getting those, i guess tall people should be aware of that

Mmm... serious shrinkage. Which I didn't get on the pullover or bag. Is this the new duck? And what temperature did you soak?

Yes the new duck! I think I did it like at least 50c soak for 4hrs.

^ I'm curious about this too!!! Silencejoe, are your 1873's from the current crop?

Yes it is the duck from this year.

My ROY duck pants shrunk about 1in in waist, and 2 in the length.

Again, some serious shrinking! pretty happy I didnt get the 34x34 i was contemplating... With that kind of shrinking it looks like I should be getting a 36x36, but I have never bought any LVC lager in the waist than 34... Guess stretching and overall fit might be against buying a size up from true waist aswell.

They look really good though, so it breaks my heart.

I know Amoskeag are using more Cone denim over newer seasons, so I'd guess that this is the COne, too. (Riff is absolutely right, this fabric marbles like hell in the spin cycle, so if you don't like the look, air-dry them from wet).

Someone from Levi's mentioned to me there is another color duck on the way from Cone; it sounds very, very exciting and I would lay money on the fact that people like Rising Sun, Amoskeag and others will follow.

Soaked my 1873 LVC Ducks that I just got in. They are the new batch made in Turkey. Started out TTS at 32x32. Post 1 hour hot soak they shrunk 1 inch in the waist and 2 1/2 inches in the inseam. Now they sit at a 31x29.5. They are really nice but I might soak again to see if I can get another 1/2 inch in the waist. Will post pics as soon as I get my lazy butt to take post soak pics, maybe tomorrow.

THanks for the info, bamahater.

I realise my earlier post about the shrinkage on the new duck is inaccurate - this fabric must shrink more along the selvage, than across the selvage.

ROY has posted about this, how the yoke & waistband shrinks more than the rest of the top block, on his sizing guide.

jwsach, you can get white duck. In fact, the very first riveted pants, made by Jacob David and sold to local loggers before he applied for his patent with Levi Strauss, were made of white duck.