Post your DUCKS!

riff

Jason, those Stevenson's are a thing of beauty. Does Craft carry them regularly?

Stevensons can also be purchased from hollywood trading company. The owner of HTC also owns stevenson's overalls. I think all stevenson's stuff is made in japan and is really nice.

Jason, those Stevenson's are a thing of beauty. Does Craft carry them regularly?

thanks Mark!

I love them.

It seemed like Craft just had a couple pairs. I think they were going to try to get some more though.

You know we (Unionmade) just got in the LVC duck pants with the same Cone fabric in the picture i posted. They are heavily distressed with rips and stains. They are truly insane!

photo4-2.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

Rising sun vest- also amazing. The sort of vaginal-shaped placket is interesting- I've seen that on actual vintage hunting jackets & vest. I wonder what the purpose was,,,

Riff- wish I could rep you again for this excellent thread.

Rising Sun & Co.

Outdoor Duck Vest

4603439186_4b3b83ce9a.jpg

4602824341_9f9aee937c.jpg

4603439062_f4cd6d0770.jpg

4602824451_13156c213e.jpg

4603439292_6353459b17.jpg

Those things are fuckin nice. Their canvas pants are pretty damn nice as well.

Thank you..

Yeah, I wanted to check out the canvas pants but AbFits didn't have them.

Maybe someday someone will post pics of it.

When I get enough money it will happen.

re: carhartt, you can still find US made duck pants on ebay. I have pair of b11 (or 3 pairs really, although the others are not brown) , their single knee washed duck pants, which are great and really beefy at 12-13 oz. Tightly woven, stiff duck.

The brown duck fades nicely aswell, i have "whiskers" on mine.

Here are some requested fitpics on the FSC's

32w34i

have not washed/soaked.

P1030894edit.jpgP1030898edit.jpg

P1030897.JPGP1030893edit.jpg

$120 from the store last winter.

Freeman's Sporting Club

8 Rivington ST, New York, NY 10002

(212) 673-3209

freemanssportingclub.com

Their website is only marginally helpful, and the link for online merchant doesn't seem to be finished/accurate? They do have a full storefront w/ plenty of goods not shown on the web. Def recommend swinging by if you're in the neighborhood. They do MTM Suits, have a barber shop, and a restaurant that is supposed to be quite good (the restaurant was how I heard about them initially). Anyway, enjoy!

so what's the difference between duck's and normal denim, just the brown?

i have a pair of brown skulls can i call them ducks? someone teach me.........

Cotton Duck is just the fabric that the pants are made out of. It is like denim in that it is traditionally used for workwear, but it doesn't have the same aging characteristics, yet it still looks beautiful after some hard wear.

Cotton duck is also a canvas fabric. I believe it is a 1x1 weave whereas denim is a 3x1 twill weave typically.

Apart from not being a twill, cotton duck is AFAIK a much tighter weave, which is why it's more waterproof, hence used for jackets and hunting gear. Plus both warp and weft yarns are dyed. Denim and duck are both traditional workwear fabrics, but apart from being made of cotton they're not particularly similar. Cotton duck differs from canvas purely by weight, canvas is normally defined as being heavier.

Where is our main mod when you need him? He should be on this thread!

Apart from not being a twill, cotton duck is AFAIK a much tighter weave, which is why it's more waterproof, hence used for jackets and hunting gear. Plus both warp and weft yarns are dyed. Denim and duck are both traditional workwear fabrics, but apart from being made of cotton they're not particularly similar. Cotton duck differs from canvas purely by weight, canvas is normally defined as being heavier.

Where is our main mod when you need him? He should be on this thread!

Hmmph. Touche! Hah.