Post your DUCKS!

riff

thanks for posting, it's a lovely pic. Note the black selvage line (placed quite widely) down the left, no line on the right. Cone seem to have this bang-on. THere is selvage a go-go on this. It is a stunning piece. The only error I can see is the patch is placed a little low (the original placement would be pretty uncomfortable), and also it should have hand-hammered rivets - but that's easy to rectify,

I might well get it customised, or I might not.. it's a bit like an artist's smock at the moment, unshrunk. I"ll see how it looks shrunk down, and post measurements.

For comparison to yours:

Cottonduck1.jpgCottonduck3.jpgCottonduck2.jpgCottonduck4.jpg

Cottonduck0.jpg

They used the selvage line like crazy back in the days. Could you post inside pics of where the side seam connects to the armscye seam? I want to see how they would do that with a selvage side seam.

Please Please, pretty Please with cotton duck cookies on top?

i cant believe i missed this thread. what a great idea. roy , paul, dr heech loved the stuff you posted. dr you collection is amazing. i love the lee duck jacket. crwonzip told me he has one too, i hope he will post a pic. and oh i forgot entertainment, thos pants are killerQ

paul cant wait to see fit pics.

duckonaline.jpg

Maybe this says something disturbing about me, but the first thought I had when I saw this picture was of a torture victim being hung upside down!

Sweet shirt, by the way ;)

Also, riff: give me those damn ropers.

I'm wearing it today. But I always stand up to be tortured.

It does feel/look as much like a smock as a shirt; it's heavy, definitely jacket weight rather than shirt weight, and pretty baggy. I did try one on before and have a feeling if you have one that's slimmer around the waist etc, then the arm length is pretty short. It's also pretty short in the length. If you wanted it slimmer you would have to pick a smaller size and maybe modify it, add more buttons down the front (remember that most pullovers, like a polo shirt, are pretty stretchy).

So overall I would say it's a pretty insane shape, and I like it.

cottonduckfit.jpg

Edit : THis was 21 3/4 armpit seam to armpit seam before wash. No less than 21 1/4 after a wash at 40 degrees. Shrinkage is minimal.

Armscye seam to side seam. Pics of the inside. Turn that shit inside out and take some pics.'

BTW, I think it looks pretty good on you. In my experience with tunic shirts they are usually pretty wide in the chest to accommodate for the pull over aspect.

Armscye seam to side seam.

????

duckdetail2.jpg

CLose up, showing selvage line-on the pockets.

Note to self: don't attempt to hammer rivets after drinking.

duckdetail1.jpg

Edit: Looks better tucked in, I reckon. Only works with higher-rise jeans, like these LVC 55...

Duckand55.jpg

????

duckdetail2.jpg

CLose up, showing selvage line-on the pockets.

Note to self: don't attempt to hammer rivets after drinking.

duckdetail1.jpg

Sweet. Thanks. Man that is some old school stuff. They don't even close the seam on the sleeve. I wonder if it will fray over a few washes. My experience with duck is that any seam left open frays like crazy after a wash.

That shirt looks amazing Paul! I really like the fit on you! Can't re-rep just yet..

Has anyone seen these PBJ ducks on BIG:

pbj1.jpg

They look interesting....

4589976621_15a8eef6a3_o.jpg

Bolts of fabric at Roy Slaper's place in Oakland (ROY Denim). All are Cone fabrics. From left: a dark raw Black Seed; a slightly purplish sanforized denim with a yellow selvadge line; Cone's new cotton duck. This duck is the same farbric used on the new LVC duck items, like Paul's jumper, below (which looks fantastic- doesn't look to me like it needs altering, unless it is artfully pinned in the back with clothes-pins?).

I got a basic pair of Carhartt cotton duck dungarees yesterday. Can't believe how oversized they are. Not really worrying about it since I got them to work in. In addition, they don't shrink AT ALL.

How do I get into this whole duck craze without killing my wallet?

What are the APC NS of Duck?

The Levis 501?

Probably Carhart duck pants. Well made & durable, look good too. Riff posted some, I think, in the first post on this thread.

Yes! I love this thread so far!

Here's my pair of Stevenson Overall Company's duck work pants. They have double knees, cool rivets, cinch back, single-needle construction and amazing details everywhere. They seem to be on their way to getting some decent fades too. I picked them up recently from the fellas at Craft L.A.

Pictures do not do these pants justice!

P1010314.jpg

P1010316.jpg

P1010317.jpg

P1010320.jpg

P1010321.jpg

P1010322.jpg

Oh yeah...

I got 10 yards of this on tap for something later :D

P1010324.jpg

Where did you come across that?

I thought the basic Carhartt tan double front ducks were the last model still made stateside. At Sears today, they were all Nicaraguan and Mexican. (and flimsy, what weight are these supposed to be?)